cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How best to contact NowTV? - Refunds (CASE NUMBER 06301294 )

Hi All, looking for a little help.  In December 2019 I noticed that NowTV had been taking money from my account, a webchat identified that they had an account set up using my Daughters email address, this was true, but I also had an email proving that I had cancelled this account.  In light of the fact that the account had NOT been used and that the pass had NEVER been viewed, the staff member offered me a 4 month refund, I identified that they had been taking money for 18 months, so I wanted to be refunded the full 18 months, I was told to raise a complaint and send the evidence along, which I did.  This email was answered with the offer of 6 months refund, again I identified that I wanted the full 18 months.  My response was ignored, as was a following two emails.  I then completed a complaints form, this too has been ignored.  I have attempted 3 further webchats, but all I keep getting told is that my complaint has been escalated and that a staff member will contact me within 24/48 hours.  Always the same, always 24/48 hours.  This has been going on since early December and I'm still not getting a reply to anything.  I attempted one final webchat last weekend (6 days ago), again I was told that someone would be in touch in 24/48 hours, I then asked to speak to a Manager and was told that they don't have the facility to make phone calls........?????

I've since tried Twitter and am told on there that they cannot look into complaints and suggested that I try here.

Aside from taking my evidence of cancellation and the transcripts of the numerous webchats and copies of all the attempted emails to the Small Claims Court, has anyone else had any success contacting NowTV?

I find it shocking that they ignore emails, don't respond to written complaints (submitted on their own complaints form), don't apparently have any phones, can't respond to Twitter and apparently have a script that ONLY says someone will be in touch in 24/48 hours.

It's hardly surprising that they are unable to see who has/hasn't cancelled their TV Passes, if they can't operate a phone or keyboard it's a bit of a concern.

Anyone have any suggestions before I proceed down the legal route?

Many thanks,

R

5 REPLIES 5
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Why wait, pull the trigger.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was hoping that they'd be capable of sorting it themselves.......starting to doubt it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got a similar case - can you update us on what the outcome was for you?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV are dangerous company and UKBOB seems to work for them.

Contact your bank for advice and your citizens advice beareau.

I am willing to work with you in taking them to court.

Sph

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone interested in legal action against this corprate monster - please contact me

sph