cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Horrible experience - Subscription is cancelled without any message and its called technical fault

The subscription gets canceled and when we contact customer care, it says somebody else has taken over my line by inserting the same address as mine. Now to fix this there will be no broadband for the next 14 days and my account stands canceled without any explanation.

No explanation was given by the customer case for their technical faulty and they are just asking to wait for 14 working days for the internet to come back. This is a pure mockery for a service provider. 

If we had cancelled the subscription before the contract ends, the customer is penalized. But when the NowTV service provider does it, it's called technical fault and customers continue to be penalized. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What is the guarantee that this issue won't repeat, and it won't happen to any others in the community? 

There is no justification here, and the NowTV team is not even cooperating to expedite the fix for their technical fault. 

The fault is: Someone else has asked to activate the connection at my address. So they canceled my subscription, and they are saying to put it back will take another 14 days.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I think you haven’t quite been slammed, as it’s called, (or maybe you have), but there should have been letters to your address from both Now and the new provider, regarding the switch.

So I wonder if you had any such?

Is your address exclusively yours (even if you are only renting it), or are there any other households at the address?

Obviously, it all depends on the circumstances of the change - is this someone wanting broadband at number 23, when you are at number 32 and they got the digits wrong, or is it some other issue? You might want to get some advice on this from your local Citizens Advice Bureau, or similar.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/how-to-avoid-being-slammed

What to do if you’ve been slammed

The switching process for telephone and broadband services includes measures to protect you from being slammed.

You will receive letters from your old phone company and new company to let you know you are moving provider. It will include the date that the transfer will take place.

If you don’t want to move to a new phone company, you should tell the provider who has taken over your service that you did not agree to the transfer. If you do this within 10 days, they will be able to put a stop to the transfer and you can carry on as before.

If the provider refuses to cancel the transfer, ask your current provider to cancel the transfer. This should be possible up until 24 hours before the transfer is due to complete, but it is best to do this at least 48 hours beforehand.

If the service has already transferred, ask your original provider to transfer you back to them.

If you are aware of the company involved and wish to take the matter further, follow their complaints procedure. If this does not resolve the matter, and you are a home or small business customer, raise it with the relevant Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme. If you are a business customer with more than 10 employees, seek independent legal advice.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.