cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djdannyb
Mentor

Hi what time of the day does now tv take payment. And also what time does there live chat open

Hi what time of the day does now tv take payment and also what time does there live chat open 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Djdannyb 

Live chat operates between 8am and midnight. As for the payment time, I have no idea because when I check my banking app it’s usually around 7 when it’s displaying a pending transaction. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Djdannyb 

Live Chat

Chat 8am-midnight for TV issues.

Now billing is on an automated payment service with the banks, and while the date is determined from the membership expiry/renewal date, the actual time at which it happens could be anywhere within the 24 hours.

However, note that:-

(i) the expiry/renewal time of a membership is controlled to the minute;

(ii) if you have multiple memberships expiring/renewing on the same date, the payment dates may be staggered past that date so that only one membership payment is taken in any 24 hour period;

(iii) if your membership(s) are not directly with Now, but with BT, Apple, etc., then the taking of payments will follow their rules, whatever they are, not Now’s rules.

If it matters to you what the exact moment the money is taken is, and your question is not just natural curiosity, then you are sailing too close to the wind with the conduct of the account the payment is being drawn on.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.