cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help

Hi so I signed up to the Entertainment Pass last night and when i logged in using my you view, I got logged in successfully but said my account was for monthly cinema pass and I couldn’t find the tv programmes, so tried a film then that told me I wasn’t registered.  I logged out went online and checked and I had the entertainment pass added but not films and had email to confirm.  So I though I would add the cinema pass anyway, then logged back in on the tele box and could get films but still no entertainment! Just tried again thinking it may need to update but nope still films only no entertainment pass- any ideas anyone, both are 7day free trials 

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The reason why you can't see your entertainment pass or entertainment content on your Youview box is currently the NowTV App only supports on demand movies on the Youview platform 😠.

This is going to change sometime this year where the information is still a little sketchy from NowTV and no date has yet been officially confirmed when the entertainment, kids and sports passes will be added and available to watch via the Youview platform.

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

@schnapps  has accurately covered the why; now let me make a suggestion about what you can do about it.

Pop down to Argos or Curry’s - or go on Amazon if that suits you better - and get a NowTV Stick with two month’s Entertainment Pass for just £14.99. As NowTV want £7.99 for one month, that means the Stick costs minus 99p 🙂

Plug it in a spare HDMI input on your TV, and off you go.

When full NowTV comes to YouView, the Stick may still come in handy if you have another TV in the house; and as long as it has an HDMI input, it will make even an unsmart TV into a smart one, with the BBC iPlayer and other broadcaster’s players, Netflix, and so on.

I have a perfectly good Samsung TV from 2012, picturewise, which can no longer run many of the smart apps it came with, but a NowTV Stick makes it a rival to any other Smart TV in the house, even the 2018 one.

I know you can run NowTV on about sixty devices, to save buying a Stick; but unless you have a recent Samsung set, none of those will be TVs.

It’s much easier to get a Stick than have the hassle of watching on a non-TV screen or trying to cast from one of those devices to a TV, so that’s the way I recommend you go, while YouView and NowTV negotiate to get their act together at some yet to be decided future date.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.