cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got charged twice

I recently signed up for NOWtv 7 day trial. Fee days later I have been charged £9.99 and £5. Why is this ?! I thought trials you don’t pay

2 REPLIES 2
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This is a customer forum, but I can point you in the right direction.

You get seven days free access with the trial but you need to cancel the memberships before the end of the trials, otherwise the system will charge you.

If you haven't used any of the memberships since your trial was up, you might be able to get a refund. To do this first go to the following link to find out what the charges were for

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/account/payments

From here, you'll be able to see your recent payments. Then go to the following link to issue a refund request

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/account/payments/query/incorrect-charge

keep in mind that you will need to issue a separate request for each membership type . Remember to be as detailed as you possibly can in the information that you give.

Hope this helps you out😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

How many days later? ‘Fee’ seems to be a typo 😢

You get seven days free, cancel or not, subscribe or not, but it’s wise to cancel on the 5th day or earlier, as the billing cycle can get set in motion on the 6th day.

The two charges are because with whichever membership you trialled, Cinema or Entertainment, you will get a free trial of Boost, £5. This will evaporate if you cancel the membership you chose (or should; there are reports of Boost carrying on on its own, charging you £5 for boosting nothing), but will certainly carry on if you don’t cancel the membership in good time.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.