cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starman73
Elite

Free trial costs £8.99...

Clearly states Start Free Trial

EF903891-4F45-450F-97C9-0CAEED20CFE8.jpegBut would charge £8.99 !!??!! C75E246C-EE4C-40D6-876B-FCB811CDA50A.png

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

Are you eligible for a free trial of Entertainment?

I’m finding a disconnect between certain of the screens in this area, where the one you start from does not quite know your circumstances, but the one you go to does.

What happens with Kids and Hayu, where perhaps you would be eligible for one or both?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

Are you eligible for a free trial of Entertainment?

Button states "Start Free Trial", so it appears I must be. Not prepared to click through on others as I might end up getting them.

RoyB
Legend

Hi @starman73 

My hypothesis, for this and a couple of similar issues, is that the first screen doesn’t know enough about you, and so it offers you a free trial, but the second screen does know enough about you to know that you aren’t eligible, and so offers you the chargeable option.

In another case, something of the reverse is happening, where the first screen shows an upcoming charge at renewal time, but the second shows that the next month is in fact taken care of; by a B&M free pass, as it happens.

You raised this issue because you thought something here was incorrect; and I think that is the first screen offering the pass, not the second screen wanting to charge for it.

i would have thought you would know, objectively and not based on what we both recognise as a faulty dialogue, if you were entitled to a free pass here or not; i.e. have you ever had an Entertainment pass in the past?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

we both recognise as a faulty dialogue, if you were entitled to a free pass here or not; i.e. have you ever had an Entertainment pass in the past?

If it is a fault, Now TV need to fix it. The current fault is not in my favour. As for entitlement, you can get more than one free trial. I have had entertainment in the past, but I can get offered another trial. There are forum posts stating that.

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

Yes, it’s a fault, and yes it needs fixing.

Or to be more exact, if you really are entitled to a further Entertainment Free Trial, there are two faults that need fixing.

My money is on there being only one fault, which in this case is dangling the prospect of a free trial, but you aren’t actually entitled to it.

Though hard links to some of these posts about further free trials, rather than just vague mentions of them, might be useful.

starman73
Elite

Though hard links to some of these posts about further free trials, rather than just vague mentions of them, might be useful

You replied to one.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Another-set-of-free-trials/td-p/507318

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

Ah, that one. Well found. Perhaps not all of my polite scepticism came across there.