cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free trial but being charged?!

I'm on a free trial on the entertainment
And movie package. I see my bank had been charged 3 X 10p. It's not the amount that bothers me but I'd like to know why you are removing any money from my account with out my permission. A free trial is a free trial, there was no cost advertised for episodes or any warning of a removal of money as a formality of checking there is money in my account.

I'm not happy about this, I would like a staff member, not a community contributor to answer to this. In the mean time I will be checking the legalities of this with the financial ombudsman.
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm really annoyed I have just got the movies pas and 3 x 10p has gone out of my account and £10 this is absolutely outrageous and I want this sorting out as soon as possible
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello. Recently (9th July) I noticed I still had a two week trial for sky cinema, so I decided I may as well get only the two weeks and cancel the subscription. This meant I wouldn't have to pay the £9.99 for a 1 month pass after my trial had ended. However, the following day (10th July) after cancelling the subscription, I noticed in the 'my bills' section that I'd be charged £9.99 for a 1 month pass! When it very clearly showed me on the 9th July that I had just two weeks. Furthermore, after realising I'd been charged, I go back to 'my passes' and realise that the two weeks had been changed to 1 month! I never intended to pay £9.99 for sky cinema, and would hopefully like my money back. If it means having to cancel my trial, I'm fine with that happening. All I want is the £9.99 back. Note: I can't do live chat I do not currently own a microphone. Over email would be a much better solution. Please please please could this situation be resolved! 😞 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not sure why you have been charged during your free trial, however this guide will explain some of the reasons why customers get charged when they have cancelled a pass

https://help.nowtv.com/article/cancelled-now-tv-but-still-being-charged

Live chat is a method to communicate with a nowtv advisor by using your internet browser and keyboard (It's not a voice chat via a microphone on your computer) also if you prefer you can contact nowtv by email.

See link below for live chat or email option.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/cancelled-now-tv-but-still-being-charged

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

All 'account' related issues, including refunds are subject to the Data Protection Act and can't be discussed on the open forum, which means you'll need to contact a NOW TV representative to resolve your issue.

If you're unable to contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility (which is by typing, not a microphone) you could access the 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not be sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey there, @SeeMoreDigital 

I've tried sending a message multiple times, though it keeps coming up with an error saying it won't send. Perhaps I wait a day or two?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

That's most odd @Anonymous User,

What device are you using?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update: I realised the live chat did not require a microphone, and have now sorted out the situation. I should receive a refund in a couple of days. Thank you @SeeMoreDigital and @schnapps for your help!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

That's excellent news @Anonymous User Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a 2 month free cinema pass started only 3 weeks ago and I have been charged £9.99 and £2.99 by NowTV. Can you tell me why please???
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

If you were a 'brand new' NOW TV subscriber your voucher pass should have kicked-in immediately after your 14-day free trial period. Are you 100% sure that you actually applied the voucher pass code that was supplied either within your NOW TV box or as part of an e-mail offer? 

If you purchased a NOW TV branded product, the voucher code pass comes in the form of a small card with a silver 'scratch-off' strip on its rear side 😉

Cheers