cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fraudulent Account Access

Received an email saying thanks for signing up to Entertainment 7 day free trial, we'll bill you £8.99 in a week.

Except I haven't signed up - haven't even logged in to the account for a year or so.

Unable to cancel the pass as I get the "we're having trouble accessing your passes" message that everyone seems to be getting and I'm unable to contact customer services via chat or phone atm.

Not sure what to do from here, I'm changing my password to prevent further access to the account but that won't stop sky taking money off me.

Any ideas form anyone? Anyone got a good old fashioned email address I could try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just tried mobile data AND Firefox on my mobile and it worked. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Anybody else in the family have access to your playback devices that is in your account name and accidentally started a free trial (kids are a good example) ?

Have you ever set a payment pin on your account by going to My Account > Settings & Pins which would prevent the above happening ?

Also according to NowTV Twitter they are encountering some sort of technical problem for certain customers that are attempting to access their account (you seem to be one of them 😠).

Maybe try the alternative methods in the NowTV Tweet below, plus also try MS Edge as well.

Screenshot_2020-04-06-10-58-36.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, no-one else has clicked on anything in the household.

I'll set up the PIN now.

I'm accessing the account with no problems it's just not allowing me to access my passes.   No joy trying a different browser either. 

Bank can't block the payment as it's a card payment not a DD. Frustrating. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Normally at this stage i would point you to live chat, but live chat is closed because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Unless anybody else on the forum has got any further ideas to access your passes, then use this link below and complete & submit the web form contained in the link page.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I’ll log a complaint now. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just tried mobile data AND Firefox on my mobile and it worked. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just had something similar happen. A sky sports pass was bought on my account and it can't have been bought by anyone on my approved devices as they were all in the room (turned off) with me when it was purchased! Also had a free movies trial added today that I didn't ask for or want!