cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fraudulent Account Access

Hi, any help or advice would be most welcome. A movie pass was purchased on my account last week by someone accessing my account fraudulently. I immediately deleted the device (xbox- we dont even know anyone that owns one) and changed the account password, made contact with the bank to cancel the card. The following day the decide accessed my account again, so again I deleted the device and changed the password again. The same user has since accessed the account again, I have deleted the device again. I have contacted Now TV via Twitter and via the complaints form but can not seem to get any response. I've searched everywhere on the website but nothing. Can anyone advise on how this is happening or what to do? To confirm we have not shared out account details with anyone. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe have a read of this https://help.nowtv.com/article/tips-to-help-you-keep-your-account-secure 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps , I've had a read and only thing I hadn't tried was the manage permissions part. I've followed the instructions given, although it has not logged the account out on my smart tv which remains logged in on the old password. I'll monitor it and see if that stops the issue. Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Hope it works for you.

I would normally point you to live chat if the forced logout on all your devices on your account after you have changed to a newer password on it doesn't help, but live chat is closed due to the Coronavirus crisis and don't know what else to suggest.

Fingers crossed it will work.