cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forgot to cancel, refund?

Hi, I have no doubt this has been posted lots of times but I'm not sure where to go from here.

I recently noticed I was charged for the Sky Movies package (£11.99, yesterday) and was a little confused as i'm sure I cancelled. Turns out I didn't and it charged me. I cancelled as soon as I could and got onto Live Chat who advised me "because you didn't cancel before renewal our system won't allow it". I haven't used NowTV since paying for it, and I used it once last month (which i'm sure you can see in my account).

Is there any chance of a refund here? I cancelled as soon as I could and I'm not/haven't been using the service.  Was an obvious mistake on my part but It seems silly I can't get a refund and the remaining "use until end of payment day" taken away. Even if you charge for the "day used" and refund partial that'd still be better than nothing.

Any help would be great, thanks.

23 REPLIES 23
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This is a customer a forum, your rant wont get you very far I am afraid. 

Best to jump onto Live chat to see what can be done. As for the White box, this was decommissioned at the start of October.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Make sure to click "chat to an advisor"

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @gavs82008 

Yeah Fletch

I'm in the same age group, grooving to my favourite tunes, but will "stand strong" with you.

Standing Strong (Older).jpg

Fight the Power.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same thing happen to me I was sure I had cancelled. But instead of finding out straight away I wasn't informed of the money being taken from my account and only found out 4 months later. I requested a refund as I hadn't used ti since the week trial. As I am 16 and informed them of this I have been granted the last months worth of money back and am waiting on this process now. However, I do feel that I have been slightly cheated with this as I wasn't notified of the transactions going on and therefore didn't know. Also, it can surely be seen that I did not use my account for the months I was charged for. This process doesn't seem right as I have now lost £40 and at my age I really need that money. I feel that surely there could be a better refund system for this. Or at least being granted some more time to use the subscription which I never used as I thought I had cancelled and at least get my money's worth - of course this wouldn't even be ideal but at this point i'm absolutely gutted by what I have lost.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try send an email to customer support. Hopefully Now TV staff can work something out for you.

0ECDDBC0-5682-4062-A879-D54C18F22CF1.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Thank you I will try that now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is exactly what happened to me. I thought I cancelled at Xmas but it turns out I had cancelled the "boost" but was unaware that it was auto-renewing. I found out today from my bank account that they have taken £33.99 pcm for four months without me realising. Live chat have refunded the latest payment but I am still over £100 down despite not using the service or being aware I had it 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The £33.99 is the price of the Sports membership. 

Each membership is completely separate you’ll have to go into your account / passes to ensure every membership has been cancelled.

Keep trying on live chat or drop customer support an email (address in below picture).

EB4CD9EF-2560-4699-84B4-2D8673193252.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am in the process of a dispute about cancellation and continued monthly charges. Used the 7 day free trial, cancelled and just found they’ve been taking £9.99 from my account for months. I cancelled but they are saying I can’t have done correctly, and I cannot produce an email as evidence as it’s too long ago, they get cleared.  I had to go on the chat to complain; appalling that there’s no telephone option! I protested that you can see there’s been no activity all this time after 7 day trial, and I was told they can only see last 30 days of viewing, which is a blatant lie. It clearly states on inactive account the date. I have this chat saved and am taking it further. They offered 4 months refund which is what is regulated by visa in instances like this. I am still out of pocket. It’s disgraceful. They just accuse you of not cancelling correctly. I know some may forget and that’s the whole reason of these marketing free trials. It’s about time this was investigated and stopped. They must get so much revenue from this and will not admit any fault, when it is there. I know computer systems glitch, as I work for NHS and it can happen with ours. Such a patronising company when it comes to customer service. I will rebuke this comment  if they comply with my complain, otherwise I will take this as far as I can. To me they screw the consumer as much as they can. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it is absolutely ridiculous and I swear I cancelled mine yet apparently not completely (or I “did it wrong” also). I only got one months payment back and therefore was down £30 for the other three months I was being charged for.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi Cat and Louisa

I'm not going to throw salt into your wounds but you both must admit, you got caught out because you were not paying sufficient attention to what you had to do to complete NOW's cancellation process, which is unfortunately  convoluted.

When engaging in the cancellation process there are four things you should know or remember:

1) Each pass (now called memberships) has to be individually cancelled, i.e. if you subscribe to, say, Sports and Entertainment, each one has to be cancelled.

2) The individual cancellations are 3 - 5 levels/steps deep, and if any of those levels or steps are not followed and cancelled then your pass (membership) is not cancelled and your monthly subscription will continue.

3) You should receive an email, within and hour or two, that your pass is indeed cancelled. If you do not receive the confirmation email then your pass is not cancelled and your monthly subscription will continue.

4) When you decide to cancel a pass, insure that you start the cancellation process at least a week (7 days) before the cancellation date, I personally prefer 10 days.  Simply because the NOW system will need a few days before it can register and act upon your cancellation date. If you do not give NOW's system enough time between starting your cancellation process and your cancellation date then your pass will not be cancelled and your monthly subscription will continue.

It's a bitter pill to swallow but you should remember that your funds are a resource that most companies would like to get and keep hold of, and therefore you have to be extra vigilant when signing up for and cancelling a service.

And, quite frankly, if you don't watch out for and protect your funds then nobody else will.

UK Bob