cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Foreign bank card

Hello.

I am a norwegian living in England and as such am currently using a norwegian Visa to pay with.

I am wondering if i can use that to pay for passes or if i need to get a UK bank card instead.

Thanks in advance for replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Jed

You know, if you just want to buy Now TV passes then you can buy them from most good retailers, i.e. Amazon UK, Currys, Game, Argos, ShopTo, etc., not just Now TV.

As long as your chosen retailer will accept your Visa Card then you've got nothing to worry about.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Jed

You know, if you just want to buy Now TV passes then you can buy them from most good retailers, i.e. Amazon UK, Currys, Game, Argos, ShopTo, etc., not just Now TV.

As long as your chosen retailer will accept your Visa Card then you've got nothing to worry about.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Awesome, i will try that 🙂

Thank you 🙂

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User if your card is accepted on here to set up a pass then you will be fine. If not then you won't be able to apply the passes bought externally. You will need a UK card in that instance.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268 @Anonymous User

Hi 4268

Let me understand what you are advising Jed, if he buys a Now TV pass from, say, Amazon UK or his local Currys are you actually saying he will not be able to use his UK bought pass in a Now TV account, whether that account belongs to a friend or family member?

If you are saying that then you are wrong.  However, if I have misinterpreted what you have posted then I will take it all back.

UK Bob

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@Anonymous User

Hi Jed

UK Bob

Hi @ukbobboy

I understand why you've said what you have said but as I understand it, you are likely incorrect for two reasons

As far as I'm aware (unless things have changed, which is why I'll tag the @Anonymous User so they can correct me if I'm wrong)

• NowTV only accepts UK  credit/debit cards and as such only UK cards are considered valid
  • in order for a NowTV account to be considered active the needs to be a valid payment card on file
  • vouchers can only be used on an active now TV account

so, I believe @Anonymous User would need a UK payment card to use NowTV even the vouchers are being used.  I should point out that with NowTV your payment card is also used for age verification because of Visa and MasterCard have a facility that allows a merchant to verify a person's age. This is why only Visa and MasterCard are accepted. 

NowTV Ireland will of course accept Irish cards, but this is NowTV's UK site so I believe it only accepts UK cards

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy if they want their own account then will need UK card.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Geluk
Expert 2

Or he could open a PRE PAY UK card account; deposit say £20, and that'll suffice.

See

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/prepaid-cards

ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6 @4268 @Anonymous User @Geluk

OK Guys

I think this debate has spun out of control and taken on certain meanings that were never intended, that said let me explain my reasoning:-

1) At no stage did Jed say that he has or wants a Now TV account, so I thought he may want to buy passes for a friend or family member in the UK he is staying with.

2) Visa is recognised and used the world over to make purchases, the only problem I can see from this is if the person behind the counter refuses to accept the card as a means of payment.

3) Jed is perfectly entitled to purchase a Now TV pass (or passes), just like any other purchase, from any UK retailer that will accept his Visa card as payment and then give his purchase to his friend or family member.

4) As far as buying passes are concerned, anyone in the UK can buy Now TV passes, without having a Now TV account, from any legitimate UK approved retailer, how that retailer chooses to accept payment is between the retailer and the customer.

5) Also, when buying passes from a retailer no one is asked whether or not they have a Now TV account beforehand.

Now if Jed said that he had or wanted a Now TV account for himself then I would have answered differently.

I hope I have explained my reasoning behind my answer to Jed.

However, if Jed comes back and post that he is indeed thinking of getting a Now TV account and subscription for himself then it would be down to Now TV whether they find his Norwegian Visa card acceptable or not.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I apologize if my post wasnt clear enough.

But it is as UkBobboy says at the end of his last post, i do want to make a NOWTv account and buy Entertainment and Movie passes. I have tried in the past to buy movies (with norwegian Visa) on Amazon Video and gotten nowhere due to it not being a UK card.

I am beginning to see that NowTV might be the same.

Reason i made this post is as i put my card info in and it got to as far as "Taking 10 pence from your account which we'll refund" but it didnt continue, im not sure if that was due to failure in my browser or if it was due to the card.

Thanks again for all help.