cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not-sure-NOW
Mentor

Films listed under Entertainment Membership

I have Entertainment Membership which I think includes some TV ch. and on demand box sets.  

But there are lots of movies listed, if I select one it just says "start watching", there is no price attached  are these included with my membership?

I can not afford any additional charges.  Will NOW always warn me before a charge is due ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Not-sure-NOW 

When watching movies you will need a Cinema Membership.

There is some exception where some films are shown on the live Sky Showcase channel which you can watch with your Entertainment Membership.

Or if any films are on the Entertainment channels (either live or on Demand) from the channels listed in the NOW Entertainment help article in the link below.

Here's more information in the link article below with regards to your Entertainment Membership.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/entertainment-membership 

I would also suggest adding a Payment Pin to your account, where if you click on a movie not covered under your Entertainment Membership it will ask you to input the four digit pin you setup if you wish to purchase a Cinema Membership.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Not-sure-NOW 

When watching movies you will need a Cinema Membership.

There is some exception where some films are shown on the live Sky Showcase channel which you can watch with your Entertainment Membership.

Or if any films are on the Entertainment channels (either live or on Demand) from the channels listed in the NOW Entertainment help article in the link below.

Here's more information in the link article below with regards to your Entertainment Membership.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/entertainment-membership 

I would also suggest adding a Payment Pin to your account, where if you click on a movie not covered under your Entertainment Membership it will ask you to input the four digit pin you setup if you wish to purchase a Cinema Membership.

Not-sure-NOW
Mentor

Thanks , I have added a P.Pin

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Not-sure-NOW 

Forgot to add, that via the live Sky Showcase channel you can also watch sport that is listed and when available on Sky Showcase with your Entertainment Membership.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Not-sure-NOW 

Looking at the TV Guide on my Sky Plus App there is a few movies on today on the live Comedy Central channel that you can watch on your Entertainment Membership.

If you get a prompt pop up on screen make sure you only click watch live and not on Demand.

Here's an example where later on tonight on the live Sky Max channel is the horror movie "Saw 2" which you should be able to watch live from the live Entertainment tab section of the TV Guide.

If you get a prompt pop up to watch live or on Demand, then make sure you watch live only, where the on Demand version of Saw 2 is on Sky Cinema where you would need a Cinema Membership.

I would assume if you accidentally clicked on the on Demand option button when watching from the live Entertainment channel it would ask you to buy a Cinema Membership if you haven't got one already.

I can't test this myself because I have an active Entertainment Membership and active Cinema Membership.

Where has an extra safety net precaution I would add a Payment Pin to your NOW online account, just incase you accidentally click the on Demand pop up button and then accidentally clicked on buy Cinema Membership.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

As a quick test I tried "Saw 2" the horror movie that was on the live Sky Max channel at around 10.35pm last night and It didn't give me the pop up option buttons to watch either live or on Demand and went straight to the real time live stream.

I tested about 5 minutes into the film.

Anyway to be on the safe side i would always recommend to add a payment pin to your NOW online account, not only for this but other reasons also.

Not-sure-NOW
Mentor

Thanks , I have added a P.Pin