cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extra payments taken

my now tv pass cancelled a few days ago (4th June) but on the 6th June I received a bill for £11.99. I tried for ages to cancel my pass but it didn’t work on this faulty website. Now, as soon as i’ve cancelled it, i have thad to pay them again.

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Don’t use it, get onto Live Chat and explain, and they will most likely refund it to you.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

If the website was faulty, I think we’d know, but NowTV certainly do not make Cancelling as straightforward as they could.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My wife has had a text informing her that Bt intends to turn off our TV and broadband. Trying to get hold of a real person on your website for the last three days has been mental. Talking to a computer voice does not work. So if it is possible for a "live" person to talk to that would be helpful. I personally have been on the phone about7 times and each time they tell me that they will answer in 3 or 5 or 15 minutes - each time I give them more time - but there is NEVER an answer from you! How am I supposed to pay you when I cannot get any right telephone number for you. Should this continue to happen, I am fed up without reaching your company and I will go elsewhere - Virgin Media in the past were 100% available to answer any queries.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Is this because you have chosen to have NowTV broadband?

You can’t have BT TV (which is extra channels on your YouView box) after you have switched, but all your Freeview TV will continue to work, and be recordable, and your YouView box will continue to work and all your existing recordings will still play, except any recordings from BT TV.

Also the YouView Box is yours to keep, no matter that BT may send you a Jiffy bag with a cleverly written, but misleading, message implying that you need to send it back, which you don’t.

BT are more than a bit naughty this way.

But is there an actual problem with your switch to NowTV broadband, other than you needing the reassurance, as above, that BT are just trying to frighten you into staying?

It will also help if you can copy the email from BT here, so we can see exactly what it says, removing any personal details, of course.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User This, to me, sounds like a well-known phishing scam. If you click on any links in the text message, you’ll be taken to a site that looks like a real BT one but won’t be. The scammers will want credit card/bank details so don’t click any links in the message.

You said you’re trying to contact NowTV about this issue, so are you with BT or NowTV for your broadband? If NowTV, then this a definitely a scam text.