cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extra payments taken without realising

Can anyone help - I signed up to Nov TV thinking I was paying £9.99 a month, however for 6 months I have been paying £50 plus as I have been Charged for Entertainment, Cinema, Sport and boost packages... I completed a 7 day free trial and carried it on a I thought I was only going to pay £9.99... Not once have I agreed to paying for anything else? Do they just automatically charge you without you agreeing to a service?

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you take out a free trial on any membership you absolutely must cancel it until you receive an email confirmation that it’s been cancelled. 

Try sending an email to customer support. Address in below picture.

3D1AA3D8-6CD0-41FC-B9BE-B43EB3ACEB40.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What @gavs82008 @said,mto get this sorted.

But in terms of traps for the unwary, I wonder how you signed up, exactly?

There used to be a deal whereby you could get a Stick with a free trial of everything, and when you activated the Stick, it started all the trials, even if you only used one of them.

People fell into the trap of making the entirely reasonable assumption that if you didn’t use the other trials, they would just expire (or not even start), and so they would only cancel any that they had started.

Though what would really happen was described in minuscule orange print, magnifying glass stuff, on the yellow box, something the Vogons would have been proud of.

Is this what has happened to you?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.