cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven122
Advocate

Existing now TV account problems now having left BT

Hi, last month I cancelled my sky sports subscription through now TV via BT. I have had a now TV account since 2015 and it was pulled over when I accessed sky sports through bt. Now that it is cancelled I want to use now TV on the account through my smart TV but I can't because it is still associated with bt. I do not want to access it through bt but instead revert back to watching a now box or through the smart TV. BT have confirmed that the subscription and membership have been removed but now TV still associate it BT.

Confused

2 REPLIES 2
chilli2
Elite

What happens if you click through the my account/manage account settings on this web page?

RoyB
Legend

@Steven122 

Have you given up BT TV entirely? If not, you are still getting Now Entertainment through BT, so if you want Sky Sports separately, you will need a new and separate account with Now for Sport alone. 

(And note that swapping between the two accounts all the time can get tiresome, so maybe keep the BT one on the YouView box, and the Sports one on your TV - or a stick if your TV doesn’t have Now - and swap which you watch according to the two memberships).

But if you have given up BT TV entirely, then re-contact BT and ask them to let go of your Now account entirely, by reversing the process by which they pulled it over, something which is different from, and separate to, cancelling any memberships you may have had.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.