cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error PPG_0012 when trying to watch NowTV

Whenever I try to watch NowTV on my iPhone, I open the app and it shows this error:

"Unable to complete purchase. Sorry, we were unable to complete the purchase of your Entertainment Membership right now. You can try again, or continue using the app and we'll keep trying for you. PPG_0012"

When I try to log into my account on my Macbook, it shows me the captcha to enter the letters but even when I get them right, it simply reloads the capture and never lets me log in. I have only been able to log into my account on the Now community.

The charge of £9.99 has gone through and been taken from my account so I'm not sure why it's saying that the purchase was unable to be complete. Perhaps it's worth mentioning that I used Apple's hide my email service to sign up to NowTV? Is there an issue with those emails when they are used? I have requested a refund through Apple but I want to know why this is happening.

3 REPLIES 3
8Track

Did this ever get resolved? I’m having the same issue 

RoyB
Legend

@8Track 

If you use Hide My Email, then Apple use some randomised email address to talk to Now, and the account gets set up with that email address, not your real one. Which is inconvenient at best, and catastrophic if you don’t know what the email address used was.

You best bet is to contact Live Chat, and see if they can figure out what email address has been used from you other details - address, debit card number and so on - and preferably change the email address for you to what was intended, or give you the wherewithal to do that yourself, or cancel that account, refund your money and start again, whichever is easier.

They should know what to do.

You can contact Now via Live Chat from this link:-

Chat online

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ on this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that might well assist you in navigating the Help; but as you need to talk to Live Chat, you have already gone beyond that, and all the Nowbot can bring you is frustration.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
8Track

Thanks Roy,

Yes that’s exactly what has happened, so Apple mask the email address but I set up another account using the email that was behind the mask. This probably adds an extra layer of complexity. I’ll reach out to them.

Thanks for the heads up