cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pbreadysky
Scholar

Entertainment Pass price increase

Just received notification of an 11% price hike from £8.99 to £9.99 a month for the Entertainment Pass - surely at this level compared to competitors , Full HD/4K and DD5.1 should be included as standard rather than another jaw dropping £3 per month?
Getting hard to justify the cost compared to, say DisneyPlus or Apple TV+....

12 REPLIES 12
starman73
Elite

on https://account.nowtv.com/passes/my-offers

you can get 12 months of entertainment for £6.99/month

and/or 12 months of cinema for £9.99/month

No need to do it for the whole 12 months.  Just cancel existing pass (assuming it renews before end of month) and get these offers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I understand why they have increased the price as in fairness we have had 3 completely new channels [Sky History, Sky Nature, Sky Documentaries] plus a swap of one Channel [National Geographic Swap] and the upgrade to HD [Fox] of another channel. So the Entertainment pass has certainly grown this year and we have more content then we originally did. To be honest I’m kind of surprised that the cinema pass hasn’t increased as well. 

@gavs82008 

I agree with a lot that you are saying I think it is crazy in a way that full Sky Q you still need pay for HD to be honest but that’s another debate. 

I can’t see 4K Streaming via NowTV for many years to come sadly. Think the platform needs to get all of its devices up to same stand with 1080P 50FPS Boost and Extra Streams before anything else happens. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pfffft. Its all about the money. Nothing more nothing less.

"Boost" is a joke of a product still being pushed well rammed down our throats.

There will be another price rise in 2021, they can't help themselves. The price of now tv in 2017 was 6.99. Its now 9.99? Yes there are 3 additional channels but the actual content being shown hasn't changed or updated..... and they are Sky's own channels.

The latest update has reduced usability / functionality - watchlist/ continue watching -broken, a TV guide that just displays now and next but defaults to sports. Congratulations you have made it harder to navigate.

The lack of respect or appreciation by NowTV to its customers is quite shocking  - You should pay more and have fewer deals..... after 4.5 years to see no deals on the special deals tab is exceptional.