cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pbreadysky
Scholar

Entertainment Pass price increase

Just received notification of an 11% price hike from £8.99 to £9.99 a month for the Entertainment Pass - surely at this level compared to competitors , Full HD/4K and DD5.1 should be included as standard rather than another jaw dropping £3 per month?
Getting hard to justify the cost compared to, say DisneyPlus or Apple TV+....

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pay more for stuff on Freeview?

Sky Arts confirms free-to-air move. Pay-TV channel to be made available via Freeview and Freesat from September

Pbreadysky
Scholar

For me, it'll be like paying the full £9.99 for Sky Atlantic  😞

Doesn't really stack up now against Netflix - or even Prime Video that I get as a side benefit of being an Amazon Prime customer. And they're having a laugh charging an extra £3 for HD...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Almost cancelled back in Nov/Dec 2019 when it went up to £8.99 and also at the previous increase but will definitely be cancelling prior to next price rise and possibly even prior to next subscription date in about 10 days if finished watching something. About 2 years ago it cost £5/month via 3-month vouchers so is now about to become double that!

Used mainly to access Sky Atlantic programmes at home (not available on Virgin) and for a family cottage that just has Freesat.

On seeing the email title ‘Your subscription is changing’ I knew it would involve a price increase and wondered if Full HD etc might now be included in the price rise, or at least some additional token benefit like a channel you’ll never watch, but nothing. I wonder how many people allow themselves to be ripped off an extra £3/month for HD, which a few years ago was meant to be ‘coming soon’ and only unavailable for technical reasons.

Reasonably likely that I’ll resubscribe intermittently for a month at a time in order to watch any highly regarded boxed sets not otherwise available, but definitely not on a continuous basis.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If I can continue to get Entertainment Passes @ £10 for 2 months then I won't cancel otherwise it may be time to cancel it like I did Movies/Cinema a few months back.

Sky Arts meaning even more on Freeview than before and all those shows that I didn't watch now in their specially Sky Branded channels aren't added value for me and neither would 1080p Dolby 5.1 etc be, need more shows form other channels not on NowTV that I might even consider watch is the only thing that will add  for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

...it'll be like paying the full £9.99 for Sky Atlantic  ?

Doesn't really stack up now against Netflix - or even Prime Video that I get as a side benefit of being an Amazon Prime customer. 

Same for me as I get all the other channels on Virgin.   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheaper to buy the passes from Supermarkets or even better value with Amazon. 
Don’t pay a monthly direct debit- it’s too expensive.  

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Just checked in Sainsbury’s, and a month’s Entertainment Pass from there is now £8.

£8!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Pbreadysky @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

What we all need to remember is that we are dealing with a Sky owned company, so of course we should fully expect price increases.

Speaking of the “boost” apart from cinema and sports Sky charge £5 a month for the HD privilege on their “entertainment” package. So it’s really no real difference.

That being said, with these price increases I’d hope Now TV ditch the 1080p and 5.1 aspect of the boost and start pushing to sell it as more the 3rd stream and of course when they decide to introduce it on Now TV 4K streaming. So it would bring it in line similarly to an extent with Netflix. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

What we all need to remember is that we are dealing with a Sky owned company, so of course we should fully expect price increases.

Who pays full price for Entertainment anyway?  I only have it right now because I had a stick with a 3 month voucher on and when the 3 months is up, I will either take the retention offer or cancel it and wait for the email with an offer.