cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disgusted to be charged for NOW's awful phone support on 0330 number!

I'm disgusted to find I am being  charged for phone support on NOW's 0330 number!  Sitting in a queue for 30-minutes being charged in order to ask them how how much it costs me to ring overseas is infuriating. I noticed they put the prices up 2-days ago but it's so badly put together it doesn't make any sense. Nothing is straightforward and easy to access. Probably hard to find any info by Design so customers have to phone up and they make even more money out of us. I find it highly unethical to be making money out customer support.

Call tariff guide so aggrovating. Why can't they just make a list saying cost to Spain xx USA xx France xx. Instead they deliberately obfuscate.

I need to know the call costs for France Germany Spain and USA.

The artificial intelligence Bot is about as much use as of barbers on the steps of a guillotineTotally infuriating. Only you can only ask it questions they want you to ask. Pathetic waste of pixels!

18 REPLIES 18
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Email customer support using the address in the below picture.

2E2EDA7B-4F24-44BA-AF0B-22CC5E81D3EB.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for responding but I need to make a phone call today. Email support is useless. Information should be clearly indicated somewhere on the website. But it isn't. Total incompetence or maybe just deliberate so we have to call and they charged us for it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This information is on the NOW website.

https://www.nowtv.com/calls 

Don't know if it's any help, plus there is a link on the page with the current call Tariffs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

But there have been price increases on 1st Nov 2021... this has not been updated.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

No?

https://web.static.nowtv.com/images/docs/SNG_Nov2021_NOW_INT.pdf

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User This is mobile phone tarif's. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

OK, I was working off this:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/How-much-do-calls-cost

There are two lists that are updated for November 1st, and one that is still dated June 1st.

I am presuming that the June one is still current, and hasn’t been updated as none of the rates shown there were changed on 1st November.

Am I wrong about this, though?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I appreciate you are trying to help but my post is a complaint about the appalling wait time for phone support. And being charged through the nose for it. I needed to make a call to Spain but had no idea of the cost until it was too late to make the call.

I've called support several times and I have no idea how much that has cost me yet. I just think it's disgusting to charge for support. Support should be free... not an opportunity to screw more money out of their customers.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, I can call BT about my broadband on an 0800 number.

I have this vague recollection that calling Now Broadband used to be free for its subscribers, perhaps still is if they have a way of crediting 0330 numbers back. But don’t quote me 😛

And I guess you didn’t spring for Anytime calling?

I suppose that, as your broadband was actually in place, you could have called them over Skype, or whatever passes for that today.

Still, somebody had gone to the trouble of putting all the information you needed in the Help, and looking that up would have been free. Did it not occur to you to do that, or did you try but couldn’t find it?

In which case we should be making recommendations to make it easier to find 😢