cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disgusted to be charged for NOW's awful phone support on 0330 number!

I'm disgusted to find I am being  charged for phone support on NOW's 0330 number!  Sitting in a queue for 30-minutes being charged in order to ask them how how much it costs me to ring overseas is infuriating. I noticed they put the prices up 2-days ago but it's so badly put together it doesn't make any sense. Nothing is straightforward and easy to access. Probably hard to find any info by Design so customers have to phone up and they make even more money out of us. I find it highly unethical to be making money out customer support.

Call tariff guide so aggrovating. Why can't they just make a list saying cost to Spain xx USA xx France xx. Instead they deliberately obfuscate.

I need to know the call costs for France Germany Spain and USA.

The artificial intelligence Bot is about as much use as of barbers on the steps of a guillotineTotally infuriating. Only you can only ask it questions they want you to ask. Pathetic waste of pixels!

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

As i said previously...

Typing "NOW overseas call charges" into google should come up with the page for overseas call charges but it doesn't. It comes up with a link to hundreds of charges for everything but the cheap overseas tarifs which is one of their best selling points. A simple search for NOW overseas call charges should display this link https://www.nowtv.com/calls

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Top hit for me….

76F09333-946C-45EE-BE8F-36DEB133C522.png

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

Same as me but you are not looking at the results.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

3. A flat charge of 2p per minute applies to geographic landline calls to Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Irish Republic, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Spain (inc Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland and calls to USA (also includes mobiles in Canada and USA) irrespective of the length of the call. A 25p connection fee applies to all non-EU destinations.

How do you mean?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User call the free number in the link below

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976 

Thanks for the free number. It would have made all the waiting less painful over the years. It's no mystery why it's not displayed where I found the 0330 number. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The 0330 helpline numbers found under the My Broadband & Calls section of your NOW Broadband online account or following the get in touch method from the Broadband links on the NOW Help Centre should be free of charge to NOW Broadband customers calling from their NOW landline according to this NOW help article linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-much-does-it-cost-to-call-now 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps The 0800 number should be visible on the top of every page with a disclaimer stating "you may have to wait over 40-50 mins for us to answer your call"

There is no call back service like many other companies use so why don't they make it less painful for customers by employing a few more agents to answer the excess calls. They definitely know their most busy times of day but don't seem to care about their customers waiting so long.

Typing "NOW overseas call charges" into google should come up with the page for overseas call charges but it doesn't. It comes up with a link to charges for everything but the cheap overseas tarifs which is one of the best selling points. A simple search for NOW overseas call charges should display this link https://www.nowtv.com/calls

If they are not charging for customer support calls then they should display the fact. They don't make things easy on us or themselves by leaving out good points and bad points. I can only guess that is down to poor management decisions I've mentioned above.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like you had some bad experience when phoning NOW Broadband.

I can only go by my personal experience and on the small number of occasions that i have used the 0330 helpline telephone numbers showing on my account the average call time getting through varied between 15 to 20 minutes for me.

To be honest i have never looked at NOW International call charges (so not clued up on it), because it is something that doesn't affect me personally and i am only interested in UK landline and UK Mobile phone calls on my NOW Anytime Calls package for my NOW phone usage case.