cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Didn’t know I’d been paying for this...

My daughter who is 10 got a NowTv box for Christmas. She uses it to watch YouTube. As far as I was aware it’s free? I remember entering card details on Christmas Day, I just thought it was a firm if id like the Apple store etc. I had no idea I’ve been paying £10 a month for this. 

After cancelling it is there anyway I can claim the money back?

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds to me that your daughter has accidentally purchased a monthly cinema pass.

Firstly, go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers and cancel the pass (make sure you follow all the steps on screen until you get the confirmation cancel notification).

To avoid your daughter buying passes in the future on the box, go into your My Account on here and on the drop down options select "Settings & Pin's" and add a four digit pin to the payment section.

Would also suggest add a parental pin number if your daughter is only 10 years old (be aware it doesn't have any bearing on the YouTube App) and is only for nowtv passes.

With regards to refund, either try nowtv live chat or send them a message (according to the red service banner on top of the forum page they are extremely busy).

Or if you go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers and under FAQ " i think i have been charged incorrectly" there should be a link with a form you can complete.

Here's a link to live chat or message them (click on the Anything else drop down arrow and the contact options should appear on screen).

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch