cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Devious ######

I tried NowTV pass, and cancelled it immediately several years ago. I have just found that NowTV has started taking £7.99 a month this year without my authority. I have tried complaining on their form, but they conveniently demand so many questions I cannot complete - the payment started when I was in Mexico. Be very careful as they are clearly devious and after payments without your authority. I will never pay them in the future. They do not return calls about the false payments. 

If they read this perhaps I will get a response.

16 REPLIES 16
RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

What in heaven’s name brought you to Casablanca?” “…My health, I came to Casablanca for the waters.” “The waters? What waters? We’re in the desert.” “...I was misinformed.”

As was I - apologies for spreading what I thought was reliable information.

And now perhaps you would like to do the same, for the same reason, over your ‘Card is only for proof of age’?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

@RoyB Suggest you search the forum for the Now tv staff member who stated purpose of card is for proof of age. 

RoyB
Legend

Hi @starman73 

Yes, we are all being told things by staffers, but as you have shown, what I was told about prepaid cards wasn’t the case, and this applies equally to what you have been told (or have read someone else being told).

So could you in turn search the Community for the user whose card was rejected as there wasn’t at that point any money in their account, but which was fine as soon as some funds were added?

With a side order of people saying ‘What’s this 10p that’s been taken?’

As an ounce of practical experience is worth a pound of assertion......

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

@starman73 writes - “Use a pre-paid card. Loaded with £5 or less. Also not sure why now would have bank details.”

@RoyB replies with a load of pointless drivel and mis-information.  

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 can’t answer the substantive points, so plays the man and not the ball....

starman73
Elite

More drivel from mr you don’t want to do that.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

I've blocked new replies to this thread, as it's getting off topic. 

The Community is here to help people, now there are times when people make mistakes. That's why they put rubbers on the end of pencils. 

Thanks

Karl