cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Devious ######

I tried NowTV pass, and cancelled it immediately several years ago. I have just found that NowTV has started taking £7.99 a month this year without my authority. I have tried complaining on their form, but they conveniently demand so many questions I cannot complete - the payment started when I was in Mexico. Be very careful as they are clearly devious and after payments without your authority. I will never pay them in the future. They do not return calls about the false payments. 

If they read this perhaps I will get a response.

16 REPLIES 16
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

A pound to a penny that this was someone with access to your account - perhaps a logged-in Stick or other device that family or flatmates could access while you were away?

Anything like that possible?

Can you look at My Account/Devices and see if anything new has been added around the relevant date?

To prevent this, go to My Account/Settings & PINs and set a Payment PIN, so it can’t happen again.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

• Did same to my mate for few months   Thought I’d check six months worth had off me cancelled December took every month from January till June only stopped because I opened another bank account and stopped using the account details they had.   If I took money out of other people’s account it would be Fraud or stealing what difference. 
starman73
Elite

Use a pre-paid card. Loaded with £5 or less. Also not sure why now would have bank details.

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

NowTV don’t accept prepaid cards.

They have bank details because you can’t open an account without providing credit card or debit card or bank account details, from which NowTV will ensure they can reserve (not take) 10p to show the account is viable.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

Now TV do accept pre-paid cards. Caxton FX works, so does pockit. You cannot supply sort code/account number to pay. Check FAQ.

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

I stand corrected on bank account; I see from the Help that it must be a credit or debit card only, Visa or MasterCard, or Amex.

I know CaxtonFX and Pockit cards are Visa or MasterCard, but they are not credit or debit cards, as prepaid is a third thing, so I am surprised they work.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Card is only for proof of age. Many pre-paid cards don’t have names nor addresses associated with them.  Need never have money taken off card if you use vouchers. Like I do.

RoyB
Legend

Card is checked by trial reserving of 10p. Cards without funds may prove your age, but won’t work to set up a NowTV Account.

NowTV rely on the card to take payments from if there is no voucher in force. Prepayment cards aren’t reliable for this, which is why I am surprised that they are reported to work.

But I guess NowTV don’t need to care; no funds, no fun, as they cut you off, so they will never lose money.

starman73
Elite

For a bit of an experiment I signed up to Revolut and got a disposable virtual card to see if it worked on Now TV. It did.

@RoyB  Standing corrected again?   Why not just apologise for mis-information?