cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Debit card expired, account stopped, do I need to start again?

The debit card I used for monthly payment expired, I didn't get a prompt to update with new card details. I can't access Now Tv now. I have added  new card, but hasn't made a difference. Can I restart my account or do I have to create a new one. If so how do I completely cancel the old one?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User When payment fails, NowTV will normally try again a week later. So, if your last payment was due only a few days ago, and you didn’t update the payment details until after that, payment may still be taken shortly. Anyway, check what it says against each of your passes for clues as to their status. You might need to start a new pass, but you do not need to start a new account, as that will cause problems later on if the old one re-starts.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mark_Weinreb wrote:

@Anonymous User When payment fails, NowTV will normally try again a week later. So, if your last payment was due only a few days ago, and you didn’t update the payment details until after that, payment may still be taken shortly. Anyway, check what it says against each of your passes for clues as to their status. You might need to start a new pass, but you do not need to start a new account, as that will cause problems later on if the old one re-starts.

Hi @Anonymous User 

@Mark_Weinreb pretty much hit the nail on the head there

If payment continues to fail. There will now TV will eventually cancel your passes automatically and your account will be in effect disabled until you login to the website and update your payment details.

Just be mindful that when you update your payment details you will need to have 10p in the account that is linked to the card you are using this because when you update your payment details now TV charges 10p to the card concerned in order to validate payment method. The 10p will never actually leave your account, but if your bank shows you your pending transactions. The 10p may appear in pending transactions, but after a couple of days will go straight back in to your available balance

Once you have updated your payment details successfully. Your account will start working as normal and you can resubscribe to now TV passes

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.