cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Day Passes

Nice simple one!

I've been buying day passes occasionally to watch Sky football matches. So far, I've always watched the match I want live.

In a few weeks time, there's a match I'll want to watch, but won't be able to watch it live. I will be able to watch it later in the day.

Am, I right in thinking that if I buy the pass earlier in the day, I'll be able to watch it in full later on in the same day?

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it was me i wouldn't trigger the day sports pass until you have double checked the Sky TV Guide Planner for a possible repeat broadcast during the day.

I would also say that there is a NOW Sports Catchup service, but the stumbling block is that it takes NOW usually more than 24 hours to add to their service and if you are using HD Boost the Catch up stream is only 720p 25fps.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Just to follow up from what @schnapps  said, your best to make sure that the game your wanting to watch is definitely available.

The thing with Sports day membership is that you can activate them whenever you want. So if you watch anything on the sports channels this automatically activates the membership.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
starman73
Elite

Does catch up sports come with a day pass?  I thought it didn’t, but seems I was wrong.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sports-membership

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@starman73 

Very odd, when I clicked your link your using I got a weird error message. 

Found this from the FAQ it’s the exact same link! 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sports-membership

Either way if you go via the Help section you’ll find it.

And with Day or Month Membership, you can now relive your favourite sporting moments or catch up on the ones you missed with over 1300 hours of on-demand sports content. Ranging from match highlights to documentaries, sports on demand is available on all our supported devices (2nd/3rd gen Apple TV excluded). Plus, you can download most on-demand content on mobile, too.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thought this might be an accepted answer. However.....

Reading on, it mentions reliving sports HIGHLIGHTS.

Does that mean that if I buy a day membership and activate it a few hours after the match, I can only get highlights? Or can I watch the whole match?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Personally I don't have a sports membership, but are you able to give an example of a match your "looking" for?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looking at the Premier League games that was added on Demand this week it looks like the average hours between each game is between 1 hour 40 to 1 hour 45minutes which would suggest to me that it covers the full match.

I believe the lower league games are hit highlights around 10 to 15 minutes and not the full match.

I don't watch Sports on Demand myself because of the 25fps playback which i detest with a vengeance to confirm if the above information is correct or not.

If it was me and you also have NOW Boost and a 50fps supported device than i would look at the Sky Sports TV Guide to see if the game is available on later in the day on a full repeat broadcast when you are back home in front of the television. 

Again if it was me i wouldn't trigger your day pass until the game you want to watch has been added to Sports on Demand because it might take NOW more than 24 hours to be add to their service.

Saint1976
Elite 3

Some Championship matches are the full 90 minutes. I think if the game was live on Sky then the whole match is available on demand.

I know that not everyone can catch every match live but I have to say, £10 to watch a replay? You're either a very avid fan or, well, crazy!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976 

I am not a big football fan (Rugby Union is my sport) but i am not sure that every live Championship Game that is broadcasted live on Sky is guaranteed to have the full match shown on NOW Sports on Demand Service.

The reason i am saying this, is because i was watching the Millwall v Swansea City Game at 12 noon live on Saturday the 10th of April 2021 which was on both Sky Sports Main Event & Sky Sports Football.

Where i have just checked the NOW on Demand Sports service on my Android Tablet NOW App and so far i can only find the Hits Highlights at around 12 minutes long (unless the full match for this particular game is slow being added to the NOW on Demand servers).