cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Credit refund not received

My account with Now Broadband is now completed but they did overcharge me, on the 17th April, during my last month. My online account shows that a refund payment was made on the 17th May. To date there is no sign of this payment having been received by my bank.

I have submitted several complaint queries using the online webform, which they claim they will respond to within 24 hours, but haven't received a single reply. As they seem to be able to take money out of peoples accounts instantly I struggle to understand why they do not apply the same strategy to refund payments for people who have been charged too much. Does anyone have any idea as to the best course of action I should take next?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm waiting for a refund too. I'm going to send them 1 more request & then take it further

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same issue - the refund showed as being paid but I hadn't received it nearly 2 weeks later. I 'phoned NowTV (0330 041 2480) and went through to accounts. The guy I spoke to said that it was marked as paid but that they needed my authorisation before they could actually transfer it into my account. They did it there and then for me. I've had this before with broadband providers - it seems to be common practice.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did a monthly sports pass 28th June and cancel within 15 minutes as I got free bt sport for 6 months. I received the email confirming the cancellation and stating that I could watch for free for 7 days. I did this & expected the refund by the end of the 7 days free trial. It never appeared so I requested it. I got a reply saying that I'd watch the channels & they don't do free trials on sports passes. I double checked and they do a free trial on all passes so I emailed again requested the refund. Instead of a reply I got a email saying my complaint had been closed to which I replied & requested the refund again. I got no response. When j get up today I'm going to send q more request & then take it to the ombudsman. 

I had a mobile sports pass & have cancelled it cuz they seem to be quick to take my money but not do a refund.  

• Why didn't they cancell the monthly sports pass after the free 7 days & give me the refund? Any advice people?
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Can you copy and paste the email here, redacting any personal information?

The thing to understand with cancellation is that you aren’t cancelling the pass instantly. What you are actually cancelling is the recurring renewal that would otherwise happen in subsequent months. So you still get the month you have paid for.

So if you bought a pass by mistake (or nearly so, as here) you would need to get on to Live Chat and explain, and hope that they would agree to supercancel the pass, instantly, and refund you.

But whatever the email from NowTV says, I think you are interpreting it from the point of view of thinking that your Cancel would be instant, which it wasn’t, and so you need to reread it in that light.

And/or quote it here, if you are still not satisfied, so we can see what interpretations it admits of.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

Thanks for your reply💯👏 totally understand what your saying but they seem to be refusing to refund me the pass cuz I have used the 7 day FREE trial?🤔 their reply said they don't do free yrial on Sports passes which is just not true💯😡

I only did the monthly sports pass as my free mobile sports pass isn't showing in the app 🤔and I posted on her & found out that it's a glitch in their system which is why I cancelled. I also have free BT Sports for 6 months. After the BT Sports ran out I would have come back but not if they don't give me a refund😡

Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

It's been that long & I've requested the refund so many times that the monthly sports pass ran out yesterday. Like I said I'm giving it 1 more try requesting a full refund then I'll be taking it further to the ombudsmen. 

Will keep you posted. I expected better from NOW tv if I'm being honest.

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can you indicate where on the NowTV website they are offering a free trial of the Sports Pass?

Because I am not being offered one, even though I would be eligible if there were one, and I can’t find any reference to one.

There are free trials of other sorts of Passes, but not Sports ones.

So unless you can point me to a link.....

But anyway, if you start a Pass by subscribing, even one that offers a free trial, you miss out on that free trial.

So I think you are caught out, all ways up, and the only thing you can do is throw yourself on NowTV’s mercy, point out that you took the Pass by mistake and you only had it for fifteen minutes before cancelling, and haven’t watched anything since (which they will be able to tell).

If they still refuse, you can perhaps liken them to Scrooge for being ungenerous to you; but the bar for Ombudsman referrals is set rather higher than that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thanks for your reply.

When I cancelled my months sports pass I received a email confirmation of
this & it said that I could watch free for 7 days.
I'll keep you posted on what happens

Diane
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Is this on the email I asked if you could post here, with personal details suitably redacted, but you still haven’t?

While not doubting that that is what you think it said, I have some difficulty in accepting that that is what it did say, given how absolutely contrary your description is to everything that I have thought up until now about how passes, free trials, and cancellations work.

(NB: If you don’t want to post it here, you could always PM it to me).