cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Credit card removal

Basically I want to delete my credit card of my now tv can I please get told how to do that or a contact number for now tv pls

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Basically I want to delete my credit card of my now tv can I please get told how to do that or a contact number for now tv pls

@Anonymous User 

Thank you for your request for the removal of your personal information from NOW TV system.
It may help if we explain that we need to retain some information relating to you in order to maintain our records of current and previous customers.
We also need to retain it for legal and regulatory purposes. We can assure you that any information we hold about you is only retained for the above purposes and will be securely deleted when it is no longer required for which it is retained, in line with our retention and destruction policy.
We trust that you can appreciate that currently we are unable to remove all your information as per your request; for the reasons set out above.

We can also confirm that when you deactivate your customer account, we keep hold of your payment information for two years and your personal details for seven years.
For further information about how NOW TV handles your personal data and your rights, please visit the Privacy & Cookies notice available on NOWTV.com

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They won't do it. They quote some sort of company policy which I'm not sure is totally legal.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User 

Thank you for your request for the removal of your personal information from NOW TV system.
It may help if we explain that we need to retain some information relating to you in order to maintain our records of current and previous customers.
We also need to retain it for legal and regulatory purposes. We can assure you that any information we hold about you is only retained for the above purposes and will be securely deleted when it is no longer required for which it is retained, in line with our retention and destruction policy.
We trust that you can appreciate that currently we are unable to remove all your information as per your request; for the reasons set out above.

We can also confirm that when you deactivate your customer account, we keep hold of your payment information for two years and your personal details for seven years.
For further information about how NOW TV handles your personal data and your rights, please visit the Privacy & Cookies notice available on NOWTV.com

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do i remove my card details please

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As I have read many other users have requested the removal of payment card information, and the response is effectively no, but refer to a data retention policy. I cannot find any link or mention of a retention policy in the terms and conditions agreed on sign up to Nowtv services. Please can a copy of this policy be provided for inspection?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lets get to those asholes.

The Information Commissioner’s Office Water Lane, Wycliffe House Wilmslow - Cheshire SK9 5AF Tel. +44 1625 545 745 e-mail: [email removed] Website: https://ico.org.uk

Alredy started my complaint process. I hope they like fines as breaking that EU data protection law is quite expensive. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The information you want on this can be found, alongside the Terms & Conditions, at the bottom of every NowTV web page, under Privacy & Cookies.

But I am unable to find any mention of this in the Terms & Conditions, and I wonder where, if at all, this set of information is brought to customer attention when signing up.

If it isn’t, then I think things drop back to default GDPR, but IANAL able to say that this is definitively the case, nor to judge whether what is said there is more or less restrictive than default GDPR.

Might be a wise move for NowTV to reference the P&Cs in the T&Cs, though.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

surely keeping the security number is illegal?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Isn't this illegal? As far as I know an EU directive on companies keeping customers banking details whether it be bank account numbers or debit and credit card details can only be kept for 4 to 6 weeks after ending of a contract.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

well said and i agree