cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nic940

Costs

I have just moved house and had to reset my now tv stick. It’s now asking for payment details where previously I have not had to pay. Is it possible to get a free service for watching apps only (no live tv) ?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nic940 

Do you have an active membership with NOW?

When resetting these NOW sticks it is under the impression that you’ll have an active membership with them. If you don’t and don’t plan to, then I would fully recommend getting either an Amazon or Roku stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Nic940
I have an active log in but as I didn’t pay previously, no payment details are on there. It doesn’t seem to let me bypass adding payment details.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nic940 

You will have an account, but do you have any active memberships such as cinema or entertainment?

If you don’t then. You need one to set up the stick again.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Nic940 

One workaround is to give your payment details, take a free trial of Hayu, and then cancel it immediately,

This will only work once for your real account, so try not to factory reset it again; but if you have to, start a new account, and try the Hayu trick again.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.