cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Contract end price change?

I got this email and I'm super confused. If I currently pay £22 / month, and that won't change, why would I pay £30 instead? Why would I pay the same but commit to another 12 months?

Was this email send in error? What am I missing? Or is it that my price will go up and it includes the wrong new price?

Contract renewal email

10 REPLIES 10
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Contrast the two lines about calls.

What you have now, which includes Anytime calls,  will cost you £30 a month going forward.

Or you can drop Anytime calls in favour of Pay as you use, and stay on £22 a month.
Plus whatever you would now spend on calls, of course.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Do you currently have or use Anytime Calls included in your current deal ?

Where the new email offer for £22 per month doesn't include Anytime Calls and you would be on Pay as you use calls.

Edit - Ignore my post where I missed the bit about the expiry date of 25/08/23.

Though I would phone the NOW Broadband Team because my Sister had this similar email and NOW didn't honour the price and tried to charge her extra.

She had to get NOW to honour the email offer price.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps & @RoyB 

I should have included this part from above my previous screenshot:

At the start they basically insisted we take the calls package, but we don't have a landline phone so never use it for any calls.

With that in mind, is there any reason to take the new 12 month term at the same price? Surely I'm better with the flexibility to end the contract?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Based on the email information you have now given on your second post, then by doing nothing you will stay on the £22 per month and haven't committed to a further 12 month contract the way I read it.

Though I have a sneaky suspicion NOW will transfer you onto the Pay has you use calls (that's what happened to my Sister where she had to get the Anytime Calls reinstated again for free even though the email from NOW clearly said she would be on the same existing plan and price if she did nothing).

If you are not bothered with Anytime Calls then you might be fine.

Perhaps send NOW an email to get further clarification (use the email address on the screenshot below).

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

redchiz1
Champion 2

Those two parts of the message seem a wee bit contradictory to me. On the one hand: "You're currently paying £22 a month and this will remain the same when your contract ends."  As opposed to: "This (i.e. current £22) includes discounts totalling £21 a month. Your first discount will expire on 25/08/2023" (suggesting full price of £43 a month).

Definitely needs clarifying!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @redchiz1 @schnapps 

The screenshot says your existing deal runs to 25/08/2023. The text says until 25/08/2022,

Full price seems to be non-contradictory; Super Fibre with Anytime, £43; Super Fibre with Pay as you use, £35.

£8 difference, the cost of Anytime, consistent in the £30 versus £22 offers.

What is contradictory is what expires when, whether you can continue the deal you have now, but out of contract (i.e. quit any time) for a further year, or otherwise what the significance of the 25/08/2023 date is.

But if you haven’t got a landline, you aren’t going to go for the £30 offer, so it comes down to the £22 contract offer, and the £22 no-contract offer. If there is the latter, which I doubt 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

Aye, as the poster said they "don't have a landline" phone it may be simpler just to go for that option. Although if it was me, I would still question things just out of curiosity, or whatever other epithet you may care to attribute in my case.  😉

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

‘An altruistic desire to clarify matters for those who come after us’ 😛

redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

Bless ya, I'll settle for that!  😁