cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Contract Renewal Email

Hi - I'm posting on behalf of my Mum.

Her Now Broadband contract comes to an end on 17/09/21. It's currently £18 p/m.

They have sent her an email which states she has 2 options:

- Renew for 12 months at £26 p/m

- Renew for 12 months at £18 p/m

That obviously seems a no brainer. However, it also says that her monthly price of £18 is guaranteed until 17/09/22 (a year after her initial contract ends). Given this, am I right in thinking that she actually has a 3rd option(?):

- DON'T renew - pay £18 p/m on a rolling basis until 17/09/22 then the price goes up after that.

If this is the case, this would be the best option as you have the benefit of the discounted price, but not signed up for 12 months, meaning we can move quickly if we see a cheaper deal elsewhere.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

JPCAMPS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My Dad had the same worded email and i have assumed the same has you the way it is laid out, that he can keep the same deal without committing to a further 12 month contract if he doesn't contact them.

To be on the safe side i would send NOW an email to clarify this.

Use the screen shot below for the email to reach them.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My Dad had the same worded email and i have assumed the same has you the way it is laid out, that he can keep the same deal without committing to a further 12 month contract if he doesn't contact them.

To be on the safe side i would send NOW an email to clarify this.

Use the screen shot below for the email to reach them.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps.

My Mum has emailed them to ask the question. I agree that the email they sent seems to intimate that would be the case if not renewed. It's just weird that they will keep the non-contracted price the same as (or cheaper than) the contracted options. Not sure I've ever seen that before.

I'll report back when my Mum hears back, so if other people have the same query and come on here, I can provide an answer.

Cheers

JPCAMPS

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now confirmed the price will remain the same, on a rolling monthly basis, until September 2022. 

Seems daft to sign up to a new contract when it’s the same price with no contract.

Thanks for your help.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Interesting. I was looking at Now Broadband as a budget alternative for my father-in-law. Does the renewal include Anytime Calls going forwards?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No calls/minutes are included. Just the broadband and line rental.

This is probably because this was what she had when she was contracted. If you perhaps were contracted for inclusive minutes then the renewal may include that.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 wrote:

Interesting. I was looking at Now Broadband as a budget alternative for my father-in-law. Does the renewal include Anytime Calls going forwards?

When my Dad signed up to NOW Fab Fibre the Anytime calls was included in the deal price for the first year.

Just before the 12 months contract was up, i phoned up NOW on behalf of my elderly Father to renegotiate a new 12 months contract who had to be present during the phone call because he is the Authorised NOW account holder (couldn't get the Anytime calls for free even though my Sister managed it on her own NOW Broadband account for her second year Membership).

The best deal they could offer my Dad in the second year was half price Anytime calls at £4 extra per month even though my Sister got the second year for Anytime calls free (this is my pet hate with NOW where their discount price structure for Broadband and TV retention offers are all over the place where some customers get better deals than others).

iMO everybody should get the same discounted deals.

My Dad's 12 month renewal email has the Anytime Calls for the same half price has last years price (my Sister is still with NOW Broadband and i will have to find out if she is still getting the Anytime Calls for free in her third year of Membership).

redchiz1
Champion 2

Thank you both. Clearly just something  to keep an eye on going forwards. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

And @schnapps I think all providers do that, there is rarely a "standard" retentions deal, I too have been resentful of TV deals which some boast of getting which have never crossed my path!