cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Contacting NowTV for a refund

Hi

NowTV have taken money when not authorised and they did not even send an email notification. I have now cancelled all of my passes but want to know how to contact them for a refund, the live chat does not work (it crashes the page) and there is no email form or address on the contact pages, can anybody please help?

Cheers

Wifl

13 REPLIES 13
RoyB
Legend

hi @Anonymous User 

When you set up your NowTV account, you granted NowTV a Continual Payment Authority to give NowTV the right to take money from your card for services provided, which would be Passes that you, or anyone one else with access to your NowTV account, took out and didn’t cancel, running on a month to month basis.

So how exactly ‘not authorised’? Did they charge you for passes that you have never taken out? Or continued to take money after you had cancelled a Pass, and got the email from NowTV confirming this?

And can you say what device Live Chat crashes on?

But if all else fails, here, firstly, is a link to the NowTV Help on this subject:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/cancelled-now-tv-but-still-being-charged

which should be able to lead you in to Live Chat.

But if you still can’t get it working, then you can always raise a complaint, on the Complaint webform for TV issues:-

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv

making sure you provide enough information for NowTV to track down exactly what happened, and why, for you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This just happened to me and was disgusted when I found out what happened.  I got a free pass for NOWTV but I wasn't interested in anything on it.  I just cancelled it, or so I thought.  I just recently noticed I had been charged.  When I logged in again it was setup to charge me again for the next month.  I could not understand why as I was sure I had cancelled.   Then I found out why.  Very unscrupulous and sneaky cancelling process.  When you cancel they ask why.  You are given some options and I selected one which was "I didn't see anything that I liked".  You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page and select yes I want to cancel.  However just as well I double checked because this is how they get you,  it brings up another page where you have to scroll to the bottom and select AGAIN, "Yes I'm SURE I want to cancel"... but wait they still want to screw you, as another page pops up ance again you have to scroll down to the bottom a third time and select AGAIN, "Yes I'm SURE I want to cancel".  This is dirty and shameful ploy to trick people.  I consider myself an experienced internet user and it almost caught me out.  I'll be demanding a refund or I will most definately be reporting this and spreading the word about NOW TV if they don't refund me.  This practice really needs to be stopped NOWTV or word of mouth and publicity about underhanded tactics could end up hurting your ability to entice new potential customers. This was really underhand.  Shame on you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had a refund fro very friendly support guy...  He saved your skin there NOWTV... I'd cerainly advise you do something about that cancellation process as someone somewhere may not be as lucky and might well make that youtube video and spread it around.  Thanks again to support.  It's not a lot of money to some but could mean a lot to others on a tight budget.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi i paid my bill on 5th of dec 2019 and another payment of the exact same amount came out on 6th dec 2019. How do i get my money back?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Complaint webform for TV issues:-

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They have just done it to me,I've been charged £90 in one month for broadband they said I haven't paid but I've got proof they are not interested and fob u off,I will never leave my card details with them again.take my advice and run a mile 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

This has also happened to me. I can't even find a way to contact anyone as the live chat doesn't work. It seems really underhand. I even phoned my bank to get them to stop any more payments and the woman I spoke to has had exactly the same issue. I even put a note in my diary to cancel it so I know I tried to. £70 later... 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also experiencing a similar problem. I'm certain that I contacted customer support many months ago to cancel my NowTV subscription and now I have been charged without any notice. The live-chat button doesn't do anything and I can't find any other way of getting in touch with NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I even tried the complaint web form but it wants me to use an e-mail address I no longer use or have access to. When I try to update the e-mail address on my account I get this ridiculous looking error message:

"Sorry, we're having trouble updating your account right now <span>Try saving your changes again, and if that still doesn't work, <a href="//help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/account-orders/changing-my-account-details">head over to our Help site to get in touch</a> and we'll update it for you</span>"

Very frustrated that the website is riddled with bugs and I have no way of communicating with customer support.