cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting to Panasonic Smart TV

Hello,

We have downloaded the 14 day free trial.
We are trying to download it on our Panasonic smart TV, please advise how I can do this.
There is not an app to download, please advise where I can buy a Roku Stick.

Thank you
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix and Amazon Prime video both have 4K and 1080p apps inthe Panasonic appstore. 

If serious about streaming video to customers, NowTV needs to get their act in order.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

1080p is coming later this year.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When is this app coming top Panasonic TVs?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to cut in here...I have a Panasonic TXL32G10B. It's not a 'Smart' TV so I have both an Amazon Firestick and a NOW Box to enable me to link to streaming services. Big problem with the NOW App, however. Every time I click on the Yellow Now App on the Menu screen  I get the red NOW TV logo  followed by the buffering circles then a pause followed by the 'Error - Something's not quite right' message.  

That occurred about a month or so ago. Went through the Factory reset sequence several times. That didn't work and the NOW tech guys couldn't come up with an answer. Then, miraculously the problem went away. All hunky dory until two weeks ago when the problem came back. Tried reset again, even checked I was up to date with the TV's software updates. All OK there but still no joy with the Now App. Thought it might be the NOW box, so decided to try a new approach and bought a NOW Smart Stick as a replacement. That didn't work either, so it went back to the shop for a refund. I re-installed the NOW Box

All other Apps work - BBC i-player, Channel 4, Channel 5 and You Tube, no problem.  Nada from the NOW App.

This a complete pain. I'm beginning to wonder if it might be the TV that's the problem rather than the Now software. I'm wondering if anyone else with a Panasonic TV and  either a NOW box or Smart Stick has had this problem.  I can watch NOW (I have an Entertainment pass) on my laptop, but, frankly, that's not why I invested in the damned devices.

I'm also wondering if the problem  was caused by one of those automatic NOW updates that take place when we ain't watching. 

Any help would be much appreciated... 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I doubt it's your Panasonic TV causing the problem with the nowtv app and my guess it's the current nowtv software version on the box / stick which is maybe causing a conflict with your router or wifi connection issues with your home network setup (even though other Apps works on the nowtv devices that you have tried).

Out of curisoity who is your ISP and the make and model of your Router ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps,

Yeah, did figure, despite my curiosity, that it was probably the NOW software that was causing the problem. For info, my ISP is Direct Save Telecom, whom I haven't had any problems with (until now, so far as I know!). My router is a TP-Link - Model TD-W8901G.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not familiar with either your ISP or Router, so i won't be much help offering any advice there sorry.

I am guessing you have tried all the 6 steps in this help guide linked below ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hiya,

The DST is Direct Sales Telecom.

Ref the 6 steps. Gotta confess I haven't attempted Steps 4 & 5, so I'll give 'em a go.  You never know...stranger things have happened..!

Thanks for the contact, though. Much appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I get a now tv box 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have a fairly new 43” 4K Panasonic Smart TV which I Boughton November2019 because of its performance e.g. sound,picture etc. I am also signed up to BTTV with their maximum bandwidth offering and could not understand why I could only get SKY Movies but not Sport. After investigation, this is because Panasonic did not offer a built in NOWTV app. I got round this problem by buying a NOWTV PLUG IN from Amazon for about £15 which can be inserted into one of the spare HDMI sockets. The remote control supplied by the AMAZON plug in automatically switches to say HDMI3 and I can then access SKY SPORTS and use the Panasonic Remote to switch from AV3 to AV1 when I want to revert to my BT box. BT offer a 4K box if you wan to get really well organised. This won’t work for me because my wife records a lot of favourite programs which would be lost if we change boxes.

Unfortunately, due to the current lockdown, there is no live sport available to watch for the foreseeable future! I have not renewed my monthly SKY SPORTS pass for the time being because I only wanted it for Formula 1, tennis, golf and athletics which are all postponed at the moment.

I hope the above is of some help. Good Luck!