cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting to Panasonic Smart TV

Hello,

We have downloaded the 14 day free trial.
We are trying to download it on our Panasonic smart TV, please advise how I can do this.
There is not an app to download, please advise where I can buy a Roku Stick.

Thank you
22 REPLIES 22
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. There isn't a dedicated built-in app for Panasonic TVs so you will need to connect something to your TV to watch. 

Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might find you already have something that you can watch entertainment on. If not, a NOW TV box is probably your cheapest option.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

If you do have another compatible device such as a games console, Roku, Chromecast etc that you want to set up, you can find more details here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-Get-NOW-TV-on-your-device

Rokus can be bought from the usual places like Argos, Amazon, Tesco, Currys etc although there has been a recent refresh in the lineup so some places don't yet have stock of the new models. 

NOW TV Boxes are cheaper alternatives and can be bought at the same places cheaper with bundles of passes although bear in mind they don't have as many apps available eg no Netflix or Amazon Video.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a new 40 inch Panasonic 4K. SmartTV connected to a BBC TV box.  When selecting the Players and Apps function, NOWTV is one of the listed players.  If I do not have a NOWTV STICK plugged into an HDMI socket, then it recognises my Sky-cinema pass but not my Sky Sports pass.

If I plug in a NOWTV stick and use the NOWTV remote, then both passes are available to me.

WHY?!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Do you mean a BT Youview box ?

Then if so the NowTV App on the Youview box only currently support movies with a NowTV Cinema pass.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-tv-shows-that-aren-t-available-on-youview 

Where the NowTV Stick offers the full complement of passes.

It sounds to me that when you plug in the NowTV Stick and each time you press the nowtv remote the HDMI input source automatically changes to the input source of the Stick.

An easy test to prove this when you see the full complement of NowTV Content on the TV screen, use your BT Youview remote to see if it responds to each button command.

Or go into the stick menu settings and disable the 1 Touch feature.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks. Your reply explains everything. I’ll make sure my TVs have sticks!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I also own a Panasonic smart TV and unfortunately there is no NowTV App currently available from the Panasonic App Store.

With my Panasonic smart TV i use a NowTV box which works well in my setup, where you could purchase from places like Argos, Currys etc which come with a bundled voucher pass included in the box.

I also own a Roku Express player, which is more expensive than the standard NowTV box where it offers more choice of Apps.

Having trouble with my PC at the moment posting links, but if you click on the NowTV Help Centre top right of screen and once the Help Centre page opens on the search engine type in Supported devices where you should find a guide article about what devices you can watch NowTV with.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also being a Panasonic Smart TV owner I was disappointed to find no dedicated app.  I have HDMI cable from my PC to the telly which does cover it without separate sticks and boxes...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

HI @Anonymous User

I am a Panasonic Smart TV owner and also disappointed that there is no current Native NowTV App in the Panasonic Apps Store Smiley Sad

Where I am more old school and would prefer using a set top box or stick with a dedicated remote controller rather than a PC or Laptop.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it is disapointing and somewhat suprising that there isnt a now tv app for panasonic smart tvs... especially when there is for Netflix and Amazon. To be honest, the selection of Apps on the panasonics (and many other smart tvs) is poor ... but you would think Now TV would want to be on them. I use a now tv box via an hdmi socket with no problem.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have a Panasonic OLED which is using the Firefox OS which is being continued to be developed by Panasonic and I am surprised to see that NowTV is missing from the list of apps available considering BBC iPlayer, AmazonPrime and Netflix and all the other freeview play apps are available. Whilst I have a Chromecast and a NowTV smart box, since my TV has a SMART function I don’t see the point of using the NowTV box other than to use it for NowTV. It’s a waste of a plug socket, please add the app as soon as possible. Since the the NowTV box constantly goes on standby I end up casting to Chromecast device and that doesn’t have the subtitles function built in. How hard could this be?