cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Con - Charged without consent

My daughter won the free 2 mth trial of NowTV, didnt realise it would then go onto charge you without getting authorisation first! Until i checked my bank today and noticed two payments for £7.99 from my bank! I rang my bank who couldnt even find any direct debit set up... thankfully have cancelled anymore payments to these con artists. Trying to ring and speak to someone is impossible and their online help is just as useless! 

Doubt il get a refund but i shall NOT be recommending or using this awful company again!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, why can't Now TV send a notification saying they're going to charge £xx.xx from this date onwards. This will allow customers to cancel or update if they want to and not get shocked when going through bank/credit card statements

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Guys

When a company, any company, ask you to add you credit or bank card details to an application what do you actually think they want it for?

As grown adults you should have realised that the application form, with your financial details, you filled in is actually you giving them permission to take a monthly subscription out of your account, and it's all perfectly legal.

Mind you, Now TV is not an underhanded company, they just expect people to do their due diligence, to find out what they are about, before signing on the dotted line.

Unfortunately, you guys did not. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As has been said, you gave permission when you signed up.