cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Closing my account — removing ALL my details

Hello,

I want all my details removing from the NowTV system.

I have seen in recent replies that NowTV are saying that they NEED to keep details.

This is illegal.

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-to-get-your-data-deleted/

Please provide me with a guide, or get in touch with me, so I can completely remove all of my personal details from your system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

One should not have to hire a lawyer for a simple request to have an account deleted. I tried to do the same thing and found it really hard to find an avenue to doe this.

Eventually I found live chat and was offered to have my bank details removed and be removed from their mailing list, which was explained to me as good as having my details removed. This is not the solution I requested and I had to continue to push for a full account deletion. I was then told that my request had to go to the back office to be reviewed and verified and should be completed within a month.

I appreciate my request has been received, but think that NOW TV are making it deliberately difficult to delete accounts. For the record, live chat can be found in this link:

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-tv-account-payments/changing-my-account-details

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User 

"Why is it so difficult?"

The million dollar question that's asked here often but to be fair to NowTv, it's not just them who make it difficult. There are a few theories but the long and short of it will be that they don't want you to leave! No subscription based service does. As long as they have the information, they can send you offers and attempt to lure you into purchasing their product.

So I got bored last night and read NowTV's privacy policy

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/widget/eng/privacy

I'll caution you, it's a very long read. The first two things that stand out are what I suspected - that financial details are kept for 2 years and that they expressly state that although you have a right to erasure they have the legal right to keep some information (the legalese I mentioned)

"Please note that some of these rights are not absolute.....if we had a legal obligation or right not to comply with the request."

The stand out section for me is how long they keep our information - 7 years! That's a long time for them to try and lure you back.

If I was in your position I'd bypass customer services. No disrespect to the guys and girls sat in an office in India but I doubt they have any idea what GDPR stands for let alone know what 'right to erasure' is. There's an email address for a department that deals with privacy issues so you're probably best emailing them and reminding them of their duty to action your request within 30 days!

Screenshot_20200904-093857.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

lol jog on @Saint1976

"I highly doubt Sky would make the mistake of keeping data illegally"

As if you're suggesting Sky don't make mistakes like this. Sky have a proven track record of sailing close to the line and I personally know of a number of people who have had issues with Sky that are unethical and borderline illegal.

Get real buddy.

"Hire a lawyer"

lol, you b-end.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want my account fully deleted. Acc # 623604578251 I've not used this service for over 12 months but find you are illegally holding onto my personal details. Please close this account and remove all my details from your database. Thank you. Please confirm when done.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Your best to email customer support, we are just customers like yourself so we definitely won’t be able to delete your account.

Address is in the below picture.

C2CC687B-98C3-4AF2-BDE4-A5CA7E255488.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you.