cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cinema + Boost. Is it required?

So with Justice League coming out tomorrow, I thought I might try out NowTV again.

My main question is: if I got the Cinema pass, do I need the Boost pass to view movies in full HD?

The description of Boost says I do but I want to be 100% sure as I’m not confident on paying nearly £15 a month for less content than competitors who give everything for far less. Why would I pay £11.99 a month for the Cinema pass when I can get more, and far better, movies in 4K and watch on more screens for less?

The pricing page seems to be confusing by design, along with the fact they don’t make it clear that NowTV *is* Sky. A few years ago they got a few months out of me before I realised they had the exact same catalog because they are the same service.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To watch in 1080p HD with a NOW Cinema Membership you need a Boost Membership.

More information here.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost  

I you haven't used a Boost Membership before, see if under your My Account > Membership section if NOW still offers a free 7 day trial for Boost.

Should you only want Boost purely for the Justice League movie on Thursday.

just remember to cancel the Membership and free trial before they expire if you don't want the Membership to keep auto renewing.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User yes you'll need the boost pass for 1080p full HD.

Without it, streams are 720p.

NowTV is a subsidiary of Sky (UK) so as such, streams some of sky's services but not all of them, so there is a distinction between the two.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Just to follow-up from the advice from @schnapps and @Saint1976  you will also need BOOST to get 5.1 surround sound.

Otherwise it is just stereo. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help