cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chai
Scholar 3

Chat agent asked for credit card details?

This afternoon I used the chat to try and sort out why I cannot transfer my clubcard points to my account (a very common problem it seems).

As usual I was asked to gave my name, email and address, but the agent in this case also asked for the last four digits of my linked credit card (which I declined to do).

As  there is no other way of contacting Now TV, I am asking the Now TV staff here why would the agent have any reason to ask for my credit card details on an inquiry that had absolutely nothing to do with my payment details?

All seems rather dodgy to me.

@Karl-F

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was asked the same and I to thought it was very dodgy and no way I'm giving out my card details.

I believe it’s their standard practice as part of their customer identification security process to ask for confirmation of the last 4 digits of the payment card registered to the account. Not sure what can be done by somebody who just has the last 4 digits of a card number?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Just to confirm that @dr_necessitor is correct. 

We have a standard set of security questions that our agents will ask customers, to make sure that they are talking to the account holder. 

Thanks

Karl