cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charged without buying a pass

I stopped using nowtv over a year ago and have just noticed I’ve been charged for entertainment and cinema passes I never asked for with no communication that it was going to happen. No support available, managed to cancel before being charged again. Had to push cancel numerous times to confirm.

Ironic that I pressed NOTHING for them to charge me in the fist place.

Absolute disgrace, please refund asap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They just did the same to me. How do we get our money back?

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hope this helps.

As expected, the email address provided by Saint1967 has so far yielded NOTHING.

However, great news, the complaint form (although not where he stated and is difficult to find) has!

I got a quick and helpful reply from a genuine NowTV employee.

If you don’t find the complaint form, try:

help at nowtv.com

Replace the spaces and at with @

I thank Saint1967 for pushing me in the direction of the complaint form.

If I assume he is not a troll, I offer this advice:

Quote the relevant part of the person’s statement.

Give the information relevant after checking it is still valid in plain language without being judgemental.

Move to the next statement and repeat.

Bluntly, your comments are an insulting mess of jumbled copying and pasting which DO NOT HELP.

Which is the function of the forum.

If you genuinely want to help, I applaud and thank you but please check your emotions at the door.

The people who have had money taken from them and have had to endure the drawn out process of going in circles on a web site which at best is difficult to navigate and at worst designed to stop people attempting to recover their had earned cash and then had to use a FORUM for help, WTF?

They have every right to be emotional, NOT YOU in your ivory tower.

Good luck everyone. PK

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the exact same experience.  I have been charged for Sky Sports Monthly Passes at £33.99 per month , NOWTV Boost Pass £3.00 and Kids Month Pass at £3.99 per month without me purchasing or requesting.

It is just crazy there is no human person customer services you can talk to. So I would and have requested a refund and to ensure no more payments go out I have cancelled directly with my bank any future transactions.

This is white collar theft and a crime NOWTV . Can we contact SKY directly as they own it now ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just been charged for movies and not got it WTF  

that boy is useless please help 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Live chat, click “chat online”.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If it is not either of the things that @Saint1976 covered originally, then it could be that you haven’t set a Payment PIN on your account, and that your account details, perhaps including your password, perhaps not, are out there in the wild, and somebody is using them.

This can happen if you dispose of a device with an open Now account on it, TV, Stick, Box, what-have-you, without wiping it first. Or lose such a device, and it isn’t overall password-protected,

Or less seriously, the pass was started on a device with an open Now account in your home, or the home of someone you might have shared your account with (e.g. watching ‘your’ Now on a friend’s TV say, and not logging out afterwards).

A good clue is to look at the device list on your account, and see if you can tie up the usage to one of your devices, or perhaps to a device you don’t recognise at all.

The remedy for any such breach is to change your password, and while changing it to take the option to force all devices off your account (since just changing your password isn’t enough, as it doesn’t affect running devices),

And while you are in there, set a Payment PIN and don’t tell it to anyone, so only you can buy Memberships in future.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been charged for the skysports pass without purchasing it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing here NOWTV is illegally taking my money every month when i have cancelled all passes since february. 

the worst thing is they cannot be contacted (which is amazing considering they are a tech oriented company who work online) so they will keep taking my money every month and there is nothing i can do about it

Saint1976
Elite 3

If they're still taking money you either didn't cancel properly (it's a 3 or 4 stage process that culminates in a confirmation email) or you have another active account.

Luckily, for a tech company, they can be contacted...

customerservices at nowtv.com (we can't put email addresses here so obviously remove 'at' and the spaces and put 'at'). You'll also find it in the Terms & Conditions.

Failing that make a complaint (also clearly available)

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

I very much appreciate you contacting me with the email address for customer services and the link for complaints.

And perhaps understand the brusk tone given my own in the post I made.

It certainly wasn’t directed at you personally but having had over £20 unexpectedly ‘taken’ from my account and forcing a panic to ensure I wasn’t being scammed and to make sure I didn’t go overdrawn, I stand by my rude comments, particularly as there are so many checks and contacts regarding cancelling but NO similar checks and contacting when making the alleged purchase.

In reply to your email statements:

Re: Charged without buying a pass

If they're still taking money you either didn't cancel properly (it's a 3 or 4 stage process that culminates in a confirmation email) or you have another active account.

- Oh, those 2 again. NO and NO. And you’re saying they’re the only possibilities.

- I hadn’t used NowTV for 12 months until I ‘cancelled’ them charging me in error 2 days ago.

Luckily, for a tech company, they can be contacted...

- Not from the App or website, I searched high and low.

customerservices at nowtv.com(we can't put email addresses here so obviously remove 'at' and the spaces and put 'at'). You'll also find it in the Terms & Conditions.
- Thank you, but wouldn’t the contact section be a better place.

- Here are all the terms and conditions from the main page:

NOW Broadband Network Areas Only. Speeds vary significantly by location.

Fibre: Only applicable to NOW Fibre areas only. Speeds vary by location. NOW Broadband: 18+. UK only. NOW Broadband available to new NOW Broadband customers and new and existing TV customers, not available to existing NOW Broadband/Combo customers. 12-month contract Fab Fibre: £25pm for 12 months, £0 set up fee and £5 delivery fee. 12-month contract Super Fibre: £30pm for 12 months, £0 set up fee and £5 delivery fee. 12-month contract Brilliant Broadband: £18pm for 12 months, £0 set up fee and £5 delivery fee. No contract option available with £60 activation fee and £5 delivery fee. 12-month min contract for contract option. After 12 months, standard price applies for both options (currently £25pm for Brilliant Broadband / £32pm for Fab Fibre / £35pm for Super Fibre). On our 12 Month Saver product, if you cancel within your contract you may be subject to Early Termination Charges. Availability subject to survey. No traffic management policy. See sky.com for more details and our Usage Policies. NOW Calls: NOW network areas only. Compatible line required. Acceptable use policy applies. Find our call rates in the NOW Calls tariff guide (https://help.nowtv.com/article/How-much-do-calls-cost). General: Subject to status. Upfront payment may be required. You must get any consents required (e.g. landlord’s). UK residential customers only. Further terms apply.’

NOW Calls: Anytime calls free with any Broadband purchase for the first 12 months, £8 thereafter. New NOW Broadband customers only. NOW Calls network areas only. Acceptable use policy applies. Find our call rates in the NOW Calls tariff guide.

- No, not there either.

Failing that make a complaint (also clearly available)

- What else was clearly available?

I’m afraid the sarcasm in your message is not appreciated, as I have said, I made no aspersions to you personally.

The irony of your forum name Saint1976 does not escape me.

A saint, you aint.

Thanks.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been charged too, it is ridiculous the amount of times you need to press in order to cancel a pass. I've just found out that after cancelling the pass has miraculously activated again. No trust in this company whatsoever.