cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charged when signed up for free calls

Having signed up for £25 a month in June, including free anytime calls as a new customer, I find I've been charged for all the calls I've made since.  I've raised a complaint today.  They insisted yesterday that I signed up to pay for calls 'as you go' but even now the website describes the £25 a month offer as including free calls.  Anyone else had this issue?

13 REPLIES 13
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Don’t struggle with Live Chat, call the Broadband Helpline number under My Account/Broadband & calls/Moving Home (even though you aren’t).

If you don’t see anything on your account, try it on your mother’s account, as it only appears for those who are signed up to Broadband,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have just checked my account where i don't have Anytime Calls included in my NowTV Broadband Package has i never use my landline for out going calls.

From my Bills & Payments section i have taken a screen shot which shows like you that Pay as you use calls is £0.

Where from memory my Father's NowTV Fab Fibre package where he has Anytime Calls included said something like in the Bills Breakdown either Anytime Calls was £8 with a discount at the bottom of the breakdown to remove the £8 charge or Anytime Calls at zero charge.

Because yours says Pay as you use calls like my bill, then i think you haven't got the Anytime Calls included in your Broadband & Telephone package.

Here's a screen shot of my bills which doesn't include Anytime Calls.

Screenshot_2019-08-14-13-37-22.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, me too, and their call charges are very expensive so why anyone would consciously choose pay-as-you-go defies reason. I shall phone the Now broadband team and if i can’t get this issue resolved I shall contact Ofcom. I’d be interested if you had any success.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a look at the reply to your post on the other thread.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Charged-for-calls-after-signing-up-to-Anytime-calls-package/td-p/546887/jump-to/first-unread-message

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help