cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charged when signed up for free calls

Having signed up for £25 a month in June, including free anytime calls as a new customer, I find I've been charged for all the calls I've made since.  I've raised a complaint today.  They insisted yesterday that I signed up to pay for calls 'as you go' but even now the website describes the £25 a month offer as including free calls.  Anyone else had this issue?

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looking at the NowTV website i can't see the Anytime Calls included on their three standard prices.

I was looking at the NowTV Broadband offers for a friend and noticed in the last few weeks on the NowTV website they have dropped the Anytime calls in their standard advertised prices.

I don't know if the removing of the Anytime calls offer happened in June, where when i checked their Broadband offers it was towards the end of July.

When you go to My Account on here and select Message Centre does it mention on any of the emails sent to you if your order included the Anytime Calls ?

When i signed up my Father & Sister last year on their NowTV email order confirmation it stated Anytime Calls included within the order price.

Sorry i couldn't offer any help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got it with mine in June but I signed up via Quidco if you go to the message centre on the website you’ll find the email they sent when you signed up which if scroll to the bottom shows what you’re going to be charged, it should have anytime calls then also the discount in red.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps, see www.nowtv.com/broadband.  It reads:

'NOW Calls: Anytime calls free with any Broadband purchase for the first 12 months, £8 thereafter. New NOW Broadband customers only.'

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like under the T&C's on your link is different to the T&C's on the link that i tend to use when checking nowtv offers.

https://www.nowtv.com/offers

Where your link clearly states Anytime Calls included where mine doesn't and you need to speak to live chat again and ask them to escalate this to the next level.

Hope you get it sorted.

Normally when NowTV offer the Anytime Calls inclusive in the deal price the Anytime Calls is shown on the main graphics picture in bold.

When you go to My Account on here under Message Centre does it mention Anytime Calls included in your email order notification ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps, in my notification email, under 'What you'll pay each month' it reads:

Pay as you use calls £0.00

Line rental £17.99

Fab Fibre £18.00

Fab Fibre Offer -£10.99

Which comes to £25, which is what I thought I'd signed up to.  The Pay as you use figure of £0.00 is ambiguous but I think the obvious interpretation is that it's free, don't you?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like Anytime Calls is inclusive on your order if it is showing £0 charge.

Where i believe the standard fixed rate charge for NowTV Anytime Calls is £8.

One more quick question, when yo go to My Account > Bills & Payments section of your account and then go into the itemized phone bill breakdown by clicking on the arrows to expand the on screen information are there any zero charges against any phone numbers or every number called there is a charge against it ?

You will need to phone the NowTV Broadband Team or get back in touch with live chat giving them all this evidence you have that Anytime Calls was included in your NowTV order package.

Good luck and i hope you get it sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps.

All the itemised calls have a charge.  These are 15.5p a minute, which is extortionate.  The result is that my bill for August was £98 for calls made.  They knocked off £35 because of a separate misunderstanding but 15.5p a minute for local calls is terrible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Martin

we  have exactly the same situation as you. Thought we 'd bought a free anytime calls deal but apparently not so . Have you managed to get any resolution ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same has happened to me, I took the contract out for my mum who is very poorly and spends a lot of time calling her go surgery. I was quite excited to find this deal and told her it even included mobile numbers. She doesn’t use online banking and has only now realised that they are charging an extortionate amount for calls, I am absolutely fuming! Trying to speak with someone is like getting blood out of a stone. When you go onto live chat they direct to to here, which is basically a chat room for customers, no input at all from now. I think I shall make a Complaint to ofcom