cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaylaDoyle98

Charged twice

I have been charged twice this month for payments, one payment £9.99 and the other I think is £8. I only subscribed to one membership can you please tell me what’s caused this and if not my error refunded please?

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TaylaDoyle98 

Best to speak with staff you need to go to this page and click 'chat online' within the green box. Hitting 'get help quicker' takes you to the bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@TaylaDoyle98 

I think the second payment was £6, one week after the £9.99 payment, yes?

So what happened was that Now threw in a free 7-day trial of Boost on your order, pre-ticked, and you didn’t notice it, and after 7 days, it turned into a paid subscription, without further warning.

If you contact Now via Live Chat tomorrow after 8am, and berate them for this rather sneaky behaviour, they will cancel the Boost and return your £6.

There are benefits in having Boost, which you can explore at your leisure and then make a considered decision as to whether you want it or not, but only after you have had this unexpected purchase reversed,

You can contact Now via Live Chat from this link:-

Chat online

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’ on this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that might well assist you in navigating the Help; but as you need to talk to Live Chat, you have already gone beyond that, and all the Nowbot can bring you is frustration.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.