cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charged twice for house move?

Hi There 

I’m wondering if anyone else has had this issue? 
I was paying £17.99 per month for my broadband (meant to be for 12 months) and pay monthly on 2nd of each month so paid on 2nd May. 
I moved house this week and used the phone service to change my address (new address is only 2 doors from old one so easy!) - the connection went on without a hitch, however Now have just tried to take another payment for £11 - which is apparently my monthly charge of £25 minus a discount for cancellation of my old account. 
When I made the switch, I was not told I would be paying £25 instead of £17.99 - by my reckoning I’ve already paid for this month?! 
I can’t afford to pay £30 on broadband when it’s usually £17.99 as things are tight enough as it is! 
I’m just a bit confused and wondered if anyone else has had this issue?

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous User Yes something similar happened when we moved house, but it was all resolved by calling them and pointing out their errors! The original discount was restored and the expiry date was extended as a goodwill gesture. So give them a call!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Haven’t been a NOW broadband customer in years. Your best option is to give the broadband team a call to confirm.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

@Anonymous User Yes something similar happened when we moved house, but it was all resolved by calling them and pointing out their errors! The original discount was restored and the expiry date was extended as a goodwill gesture. So give them a call!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you all sorted! It was just late night worrying when their call centres were closed 😂 all sorted very efficiently!