cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charged for pass I haven't asked for

I purchased a prem pass last year to watch until the end of the prem. I have just seen on my bank statement that 33:99 has been taken for a rolling monthly subscription! I did not ask for this. I try to get in touch but nothing works. No telephone numbers/email and the online help says sorry.. and nothing happens. Effectively giving me no way to resolve the problem and have a refund. How am I expected to not lose my temper when you've taken a chunk of money and I didn't even have a monthly sub. No way of simply contacting. Please help, I don't need this right now thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User you can email customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces). 

I'm not sure what success you'll have. The Terms and Conditions state that at the end of the offer your pass will renew at £33.99 a month unless cancelled before the end of the offer period - but good luck any way.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been chatting online and they confirmed the  pass was automatically added to my prem season pass because of the delay due to corona. So I never accepted or authorised this pass in the first place to be able to be on a rolling monthly subscription. I was sent an email that I was supposed to read explaining this but I didn't see it. I get numerous NowTV mails and had no reason to be reading them. I didn't accept an offer to even need to be concerned about rolling subscriptions. Under my understanding I would need as account holder authorise any offer in the first place which I didn't. All I did was get a season pass last year that had run out and was not subject to a rolling subscription. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User here's last year's offer. At the bottom (under 'existing customer buy here') it states that at the end of the offer the pass will continue at £33.99 a month. Every offer that NowTv advertise, continues after it's completion at the higher monthly rate unless cancelled and is stated in the terms and conditions. 

Everyone who purchased the season ticket (myself included) had a free extension until the end of the season and were informed by an email (entitled "Important information about your season pass") that after the free extension we would be charged the ongoing fee. 

I hope you have sorted the issue but it may be prudent in the future to read the terms and conditions and emails.

now_tv_sky_sports_.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

During the COVID19 period I wanted to see what they were doing about my season pass subscription as I had paid for the entire season. When I tried to access my account I was greeted with Oops something went wrong or you have no passes (which I did) and could get no luck at all finding information about how my season pass was going to be dealt with. So at those times of trying there was nowhere to see/check/cancel any subscriptions. So the date that I ended up with is not known to me at any point. I suppose it's my fault the webpage wasn't functioning also? And yes I have multiple computers and devices as I'm a self employed I.T man. I used various devices macs/phones/ipad/safari/chrome/rebooted my router and so on.. with the same results. If I could have had access at this point then maybe I would have been able to cancel but the site wasn't functioning correctly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also I'm told I needed to cancel within 14 days of the extended offer that I didn't know about to gain my refund. This extension was never part of the agreement terms that I accepted when I originally took on the season pass. The date for cancelling I'm told is from the date the free extension was given without my knowledge. I agreed to the season pass but I did not authorise the offer or pass that has been continued. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like a refund for the entertainment pass because I never ordered it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I managed to speak with someone helpful and he has satisfied my complaint.

Top marks to Vignesh