cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maisie
Advocate

Charged for cinema and boost yet received neither during 7 day "pass"

I have been charged £9.99 for cinema and tomorrow I am due to be charged for boost. I have had now tv for one week and have had ads throughout, I do not believe I ever had access to cinema as no cinema options were ever shown. I have tried to speak to someone but all attempts put me through to a bot who, once answering the multiple choice questions asks for 'more details' but there is an issue meaning I can not even type. There doesn't seem to be any other options for complaints. 

This is absolutely ridiculous - if I had had access to either 'pass' during this trial I might have been aware I was on a trial but since I had neither, I assumed my membership was a normal one - to automatically charge users after seven days of NOTHING, it is clear why the complaints process is made to be so difficult - complete scam. 

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Maisie 

Boost only removes third party adverts from on demand only. Trailers for NOW content and live tv adverts are NOT removed by boost.
Wish they would let us skip NOW trailers if you have boost. 
See this link which will explain what I said above.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

Sounds like you took the entertainment saver for 6 months which comes with a 7 day free trial of cinema and boost then £9.99 & £6 unless cancelled. This is definitely stated in the offer and its T&C.
https://www.nowtv.com/offers

For any chance of sorting it out or speaking with staff you need live chat. Not the ‘Get help quicker’ bot. 

To get live chat you need to be signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch drop down’.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/vouchers-and-offers

Also not sure what you mean by ‘no cinema options shown’. The app gives you access to everything, it’s all dependant if you have the relevant membership.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

@Maisie 

@gavs82008 I fell for this too .. but the bot states it had cancelled as a one off but hey Presto, its continued to charge.

I'd also point out that by failing to provide a "no typing " option etc which is easily located (!) Goes against the Equalities Act 2010.   Its a form of discrimination  and I'm sorry to hear that you have come across this predicament .  now tv should be ashamed .. and as for its adverts..I'd suggest NETFLIX !!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gminwonderlan12 

Don’t get me wrong slapping in “free trials” even though for cancellation before the trial ends is not on.

However to say adverts and suggesting Netflix is silly. Say this cause Netflix DO offer adverts on their basic tier. Amazon are also doing adverts next month and at £2.99 you can get rid of them.
Adverts with NOW is annoying but all the streaming companies are doing it. Hell Discovery+ don’t even advert removal unlike Disney, Netflix and NOW.

The fact you mentioned bot sounds like you didn’t follow my instructions in my post which take you to live chat and speaking with staff. Whereas the bot is ‘Get help quicker’ and others is talk to bot. Which wont get you anywhere.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help