cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charged for calls after signing up to Anytime calls package

I signed up my elderly mother for the NOWTV broadband and anytime calls package via the MSE comparison tool. Just received a message from my mum to say she has been charged £63 for the first month! Looking into the account I've found that NOWTV have charged my mother for all the phone calls she has made since joining NOWTV.

I've spoken this morning to a call centre representative who have refused to refund the calls and insisted it was my mistake for not selecting the correct phone option when signing up!

I selected the following options from the MSE comparision tool so NOWTV appear to be clearly in the wrong but how do I get my mothers money back?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My understanding is that Anytime Calls are included within the NowTV Broadband package if you are a new NowTV Broadband customer and joined for the first time.

When you go into My Account > Manage Account > Broadband & Calls see what information is shown if it mentions Anytime Calls.

Also go to My Account >  Broadband & Calls > Messages to see if on the NowTV order it mentions Anytime Calls.

With Anytime calls there are some caveats such has keep the phone call under one hour and there are certain numbers that are not covered under Anytime Calls (some further information in this link below).

https://www.nowtv.com/calls#ib-section-section-3 

Also go into My Account > Bills & Payments where if you click on the bill, it should breakdown all the telephone numbers called that was charged against.

if it was me i would try the NowTV Broadband Team again using the telephone number in the link page below, where you may be connected to a more understanding & sympathetic NowTV Broadband Team Member.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

I logged on to the account management this morning and it didn't say anytime calls anywhere which is why I called customer support.

Tried calling them again but no luck unfortunately so I've made a formal complaint, not really a good way to treat new customers but I guess Sky are so big they don't care! Makes you feel helpless when you know you are right but you get stonewalled by a large company who couldn't care less.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Reading the T&C's on the NowTV website with regards to their Broadband Deals it says "NOW Calls: *Includes anytime calls with any Broadband purchase for the first 12 months, then £8 a month thereafter" (copied & pasted from this screen shot below).

I hope you get it resolved by lodging an official complaint.

Screenshot_2020-11-11-12-42-46.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, This has also happened to me, I signed up to the same offer and assumed all my calls were free when I’ve actually been charged a small fortune since joining at the end of November 2020. Unfortunately it’s taken until now for me to realise what was happening after checking my bank statements. Did you manage to get the issue resolved?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Your best option is to call the broadband and calls team on the free from number. If it’s part of your package then you’ll be entitled to a refund.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable