cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shazzam
Scholar

Charged for 'New' Entertainment Pass

Hi All,

Went into my account to cancel my kids pass today (ends today 30jun) only to find i have been charged for an entertainment pass?? (until 30 jul)

Weirdly i got an email from now tv 9th June telling me they were combining the kids and ent passes on the 14th jul and that i didnt have to do anything. At the time i checked to see if i'd been given access to an Ent pass for free or anything but i hadnt. So assumed it didnt apply to me. No matter, as the kids just watch kids stuff anyway.

so im suprised to find that ive been charged for a pass that i didnt want, couldnt access and up until today i didnt even know i had to cancel.

surely now tv cant just add passes to your account and then expect you to pay for them?? i didnt even get an email or anything??? not happy, doesnt look good, and i cant even speak to anyone?? live chat not working.. what is going on over there????

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@shazzam 

Can you explain what you mean by checking to see if you have access to the entertainment section? 
Was this by watching content on the entertainment membership? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
shazzam
Scholar

Hi gavs82008,

All sorted (i hope!) thanks, i finally managed to figure out how to send a complaint/form to accounts through billing and someone actually got back to me fairly quick! So hopefully i wont see a charge on my credit card. 

As i said NowTV have combined Kids pass with Ent pass, so anyone whos got just a kids pass will automatically get an Ents pass (for the reduced sum of £3.99 per month) going forward but the trouble is - it appears to be happening on renewal day hence the auto billing, which im pretty sure is against all sorts of codes of practice.

And yes i did check my account and trying something on the Ents pass, luckily i have payment pin protection on so it alerted me to the fact that i didnt have a 'free' pass as such. 

They'd have been better off putting something on the NowTV homescreen for kids pass users, instead of an email that actually wasnt joined up with the offer! Poor delivery of a marketing campaign so to speak.

Ive had NowTV long enough to remember that the kids section was once part of the Entertainment pass, so this offer is all a bit limp!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@shazzam 

Perfect, glad to hear you got it resolved and like you said very quickly too! 
😎

It’s one of those that I’ve never had the kids membership so I couldn’t have really been able to confirm either way. Definitely one of the benefits for your PIN.

starman73
Elite

Now should just combine all their passes into one (maybe excluding Sports) especially as you can only have one stream per account.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@starman73 

Agreed. 
Although in the US Comcast owned streamer Peacock has no separate memberships. In fact it’s free and then $5 to unlock all content then an extra $5 for advert free.

In all fairness their sports coverage is far less than here. That being said $10 effectively for the lot with no adverts is a bargain.  

If NOW were able to do something similar then I might actually watch some sports content. But can never justify it even with the day membership or a discounted £20 month membership.