cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charged for Anytime calls which was free in the package

When I placed Now TV Broadband order on 30-Nov, Anytime calls was part was free in the offer for a duration of my 12 months contract. After I got my network up and running, I was charged for Anytime calls. Did anyone face this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Best to give the broadband team a call. Number on link below 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW TV advisor

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Best to give the broadband team a call. Number on link below 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW TV advisor

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dinesh,
I had a very similar experience after signing up 16/11/2020. I raised the matter with NOW customer services, who then switched me to free Anytime calls, however they have refused to refund for all the previous charges which have amounted to over £160, fortunately I took a screenshot of the offer at the time and their confirmation email does say my monthly call charges will be £0.00, so I have a strong case. Weirdly my regular monthly charge was not regular, it has been changing. They said there is nothing they can do to refund me so I will take the it to the independent arbitrator. Did you fully recover all of your call charges? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

First of all thank you for sharing your experience.

Coming to my case, I was first charged extra (32 GBP instead of 24 GBP) in Jan, 2021. I called the customer and they acknowledged the mistake and said it would be added to the credit and would be adjusted. But I was charged 24 GBP in Feb, 2021 (should've been 16 GBP with adjustment). From March to May, 2021, I have been charged 32 GBP every month. It means I have already been charged 32 GBP extra so far.

I do have the proof that when I was placing the order phoneline was included free of charge in the offer.

Could you please let me know how I can proceed here?

Thanks,

Dinesh.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a call with customer care on 23-May and explained the issue.

They acknowledged it and said that with in 24 hours this would be corrected and the credit would be applied to my account which I was told I could get refunded. It's been 48 hours and no action yet.

Call reference: 09300383

Previous call reference in January: 07020686

Erdie
Advocate

This has just happened to me. I called customer care and was told that they offer is no longer on the system and they can't add it back on. I was given the choice of either paying for the anytime calls or cancelling. I told them that I have an email with the offer on but they didn't accept that either.

Who do I need to call about this now?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Erdie 

The number is in the post marked as a solution. 

That’s the number for broadband and calls support.

Perhaps forward the email to support with the proof of the offer. See below picture for address.

6BDCB14C-EFF1-4F21-BE91-F2E7465D6B64.jpeg

chilli2
Elite

The anytime calls werent "free" as if they were truly free they could be withdrawn at anytime , they are an integral part of your deal valid for the 12 months minimum term you signed up for.

You are also on an introductory offer for broadband as far as i know the "out of contract" price is £35/month so using the same logic they could up your bills to £35/month and whatever the calls cost.

If you leave an ISP early before the minimum term is up you are usually charged for the remainder, so if Now are not honoring that part of the contract you could bill them for the cost of the calls each month, plus a little bit ( no more than £19) for your time in processing this .

You could take the offer to leave - however if is was in that situation the closest deal i can get ( internet and calls is  £46.99/month ( im now in a copper stop sell)  so if Now pulled the same trick then to leave now would cost £26.99 a month extra over the space of 10 months my excess cost would be £269.99,

Add in the lost top cash back deal of £100 then that would equal a bill being sent to Now for £369.99 to cover my losses as a result of their actions as a result of them breaching their contract