cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charged double

Hello, what it is iv been in touch 3 times now and no help what so ever the problem is that in contacted you about my bank getting charged double for my passes a week about and i got told by you that its a duplicate acount that you could not locate but u got told a couple days ago that you was investigating the problem and youd he in touch with in 48 hours yet again nothing. I am a carer who only gets 60 pound a week with a house and a child to feed but now im in debt with my bank for you taking money out WRONGLY now im getting charged 8 pound a day so when i get paid this saturday il nore than likely have no money if this isnt sorted today i am taking it further this isnt on at all.
6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

When you visit your 'My Account' and access 'View my bills' are you seeing duplicate charges for the same NOW TV services listed in your 'Order History'?

If you're not seeing duplicate charges for the same NOW TV services listed in your 'Order History' then it is very likely that you have created multiple NOW TV accounts registered against your nominated debit or credit card.

That being said, because all 'account' related issues are subject to the Data Protection Act they can't be discussed in detail on the open forum...

Cheers

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hello, what it is iv been in touch 3 times now and no help what so ever the problem is that in contacted you about my bank getting charged double for my passes a week about and i got told by you that its a duplicate acount that you could not locate but u got told a couple days ago that you was investigating the problem and youd he in touch with in 48 hours yet again nothing. I am a carer who only gets 60 pound a week with a house and a child to feed but now im in debt with my bank for you taking money out WRONGLY now im getting charged 8 pound a day so when i get paid this saturday il nore than likely have no money if this isnt sorted today i am taking it further this isnt on at all.

@Anonymous UserDale, i've sent you an email. Hopefully it resolves the issue. Hopefully.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, 

I was live chatting this morning and basically told that because I had an old account registered with my old email address which I cancelled and started a new account with my new address months later this is the reason I am getting charged £15.98 a month instead of £7.99 a month? Becuase it was the same card used?

That seems a bit ridiculous to me and when I pointed this out to the person I was live chatting with the chat was ended straight away on his side.

Not impresssed if this is why I have been double charged on the 8th of Jan 2018 and the 8th of Feb 2018 purely cause my debit was registered with an old email address that I dont even use anymore? 

Any help would be great thanks since I was essentially hung up on when I was trying to live chat. 

Sarah 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Using the same payment card shouldn't cause double payments but what might have happened is there is an active pass still on the old account (maybe the cancellation didn't go through properly). Ty logging into the old account and checking for any active passes, if you see any make sure you cancel it and follow all the steps through to the very end.

Usually live chat will sort out refunds for you, you might want to try again as you should get a different operative, or if you'd rather not go through live chat you could pop onto your My Account > My Passes page and look for the section 'I think I've been incorrectly charged' near the bottom, you'll find a request form there you can fill in instead.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been charged without authorisation, too! It's happened to me twice now and both times I've tried to be in touch with NowTV to no avail - they have NO customer service! 

What can I do about this? I've checked that I don't have multiple accounts so why have I twice been charged £6.99 without my consent?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

For security reasons, all issues related to your NOW TV 'account' are subject to the Data Protection Act and can't be discussed here on the open forum, which means you'll need to contact a NOW TV representative to resolve your issue.

You'll find it easier to contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not be sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers