cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charged but no service.

I bought a entertainment membership today and was charged for it. As I go to watch a show it says I have no membership although not only was I charged but also the subscription was added to Apple. I’m confused as to why I literally can’t access the service when I just subscribed and bought it today. I notice there’s no contact number so I don’t know who to reach out to regarding this matter.  

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To ask a daft question, are you definitely signed in to the app? 

When you scroll to the bottom of the homepage to see “your account” in here does it show your logged in?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I am. On the exact account I made the subscription on aswell.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to log out and back in to the app?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not familiar with Apple ITunes or the integration with the NOW service.

Where i am guessing you are attempting to use the NOW App on a newer generation Apple TV box (4th gen & above) ?

I believe you need to follow these instructions if you are only signed up to iTunes and billed via iTunes:-

It’s important to remember that partial account customers (customers who signed up via iTunes and  are only billed by iTunes) won’t be able to access the new app on Apple TV Generation 4 and above until they have fully linked their account with us.

They can follow the instructions to create a full NOW account here: https://help.nowtv.com/article/movies-entertainment-sports-apple-tv

Hopefully an Apple ITunes user can assist further if they went down this above route.

Because i never used ITunes or the new NOW App on a newer ATV box i can't test out if the above instructions are correct or not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you very much for the reply.

I don’t use Apple TV but did this all through my iPhone and the nowtv app which is why I’m confused on why I can’t access the service through my phone when I Paid the subscription which directed automatically.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Going back a year or so, if you purchased  a NOW Membership through iTunes you could only use that NOW Membership on the Apple TV boxes.

I believe it might have changed since then by linking your iTunes purchase with a direct NOW account that you setup.

I did read some instructions somewhere about the different scenarios but it went over my head (too complex for me to understand).

If no Apple iOS owners on the forum don't come to your rescue on how to get it running on your playback devices.

Then maybe get in touch with NOW live chat.

Here's a link page below to reach them.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you very much!

I’m going to try to speak to Apple Aswell for further information

Have a great day.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Hope you get it sorted from either NOW live chat or Apple themselves.

Let us know the outcome, where i have possibly given you some wrong misinformation (which might only be relevant to ATV).

Where i have not ever used ITunes and being billed via iTunes and not directly by NOW themselves or owning any Apple IOS devices when using the NOW App from the Apple Apps Store.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Following with interest as I have had exactly the same problem.  So infuriating this weekend.  Have you had any answer yet?