cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charged after trial Expired

I used the 7 day free trial for the orange pass I cancelled the billing right after activating the trial so  I wouldn't forgot but today ive seen ive been charged £8 after i'm certain I cancelled it.

This is pretty frustrating as i'm pretty broke at the moment.

what is the best approach to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Go back into your My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst signed in on here and cancel your entertainment pass again.

This time try going through all the step by step on screen instructions (approx 4 to 5 steps) until you get the green thumbs up cancelled message, then go back to your entertainment pass to ensure you see the cancelled message appears along side your pass.

You should also receive an email confirmation from NowTV that you have cancelled a pass on your account.

Then pop over to live chat and explain to them what's happened and ask for a refund.

If you open this link page below, click on the most appropriate help topic and when you get to the final page section, scroll down to the bottom of the screen where there will be a get in touch message and if you click the drop down arrow below it, the page should expand with an option to either contact live chat or alternatively drop them a message.

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Go back into your My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst signed in on here and cancel your entertainment pass again.

This time try going through all the step by step on screen instructions (approx 4 to 5 steps) until you get the green thumbs up cancelled message, then go back to your entertainment pass to ensure you see the cancelled message appears along side your pass.

You should also receive an email confirmation from NowTV that you have cancelled a pass on your account.

Then pop over to live chat and explain to them what's happened and ask for a refund.

If you open this link page below, click on the most appropriate help topic and when you get to the final page section, scroll down to the bottom of the screen where there will be a get in touch message and if you click the drop down arrow below it, the page should expand with an option to either contact live chat or alternatively drop them a message.

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just discovered the exact same thing has happened to me. I signed up for a free trial in May, cancelled straight away as I didn't want to pay accidentally, and now only discovered that payments had been taken when NOW TV emailed to say they couldn't take the payment from my card.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

There are four steps to a Cancellation, and if you bail out before the end, even though you think you have finished, you haven’t actually Cancelled.

So I always suggest that if you think you have successfully Cancelled, you should go back in to My Account/Passes & Vouchers, and ensure that the status there is what you think it should be.

Further, you should get an email from NowTV confirming you have cancelled.

This can be useful to show Live Chat If NowTV continue to take payments from that Account for that Pass; though I know of no instances where NowTV has been caught with their hand in that particular cookie jar.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.